Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, very new to this and have had so much help submitting my partners visa Subclass 820 from reading some of the forums on here!

We received his bridging visa a few days ago about 2 hours after submitting 馃馃

Now i just have a few questions on my part as the sponsor - How long after we've submitted the partner visa do we need to submit sponsor visa? As i have not yet submitted my bit being the sponsor??

My 2nd question is are we able to use the same answers? E.g on both applications they ask the exact same questions about our financial aspects, household, social context etc. Am I allowed to use same answers that my partner wrote on his application?

and last, how long do I have to submit my sponsor bit and upload/attach documents? Am in the process of getting everything together but Christmas is around the corner and I might not have as much time to get it all done before the new year 馃槪

I really hope that makes sense :/ Thank you all in advance for your help

Premium Member
In my view it is always best to have everything ready and lodge the sponsor visa application straight after the visa application. All the sponsor documents should already have been added to the partner visa application.

Registered
Sooner rather than later. You can create the app and save as you go so why not do that and if you only have 10 minutes to spare today then at least you've gotten some of it done.

And no, you shouldn't copy and paste the applicant's answers. They put the narrative section in the sponsor's app as well because they want to hear it from you in your own words.

You should get the app done as soon as possible. You don't need to upload any evidences or anything as that is done by the applicant so it shouldn't take more than a few minutes to scan and upload identity documents.

Premium Member
I never really understand why people lodge applications before they are 100 % ready. Unless an existing visa is expiring, it's pointless to do this. It's no good to start chasing up evidence after an application has been lodged. You should make sure that all required evidence is there at the time of application.

The sponsorship application is relatively straightforward, as it has much of the same questions you already answered in the visa application, but from the sponsor's point of view. No reason to delay the sponsorship application at all.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never really understand why people lodge applications before they are 100 % ready. Unless an existing visa is expiring, it's pointless to do this. It's no good to start chasing up evidence after an application has been lodged. You should make sure that all required evidence is there at the time of application.

The sponsorship application is relatively straightforward, as it has much of the same questions you already answered in the visa application, but from the sponsor's point of view. No reason to delay the sponsorship application at all.
Thanks for your reply Nick - I lodged his onshore partner visa because the visa he came to Oz on was due to expire in a few weeks. We've got everything we need its just abit difficult to find the time as we have a newborn and so we try to get things uploaded as much as we can daily....if i Had one day to myself (Would be a MIRACLE!!!) everything would be done but unfortunately I dont but thank you so much for your help, appreciate it!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sooner rather than later. You can create the app and save as you go so why not do that and if you only have 10 minutes to spare today then at least you've gotten some of it done.

And no, you shouldn't copy and paste the applicant's answers. They put the narrative section in the sponsor's app as well because they want to hear it from you in your own words.

You should get the app done as soon as possible. You don't need to upload any evidences or anything as that is done by the applicant so it shouldn't take more than a few minutes to scan and upload identity documents.
Thanks so much for your help! Im usually uploading/attaching what I can with my partner for his visa and also working on mine but now i think ill just focus on getting my app done. Thanks heaps :)

Premium Member
Thanks for your reply Nick - I lodged his onshore partner visa because the visa he came to Oz on was due to expire in a few weeks. We've got everything we need its just abit difficult to find the time as we have a newborn and so we try to get things uploaded as much as we can daily....if i Had one day to myself (Would be a MIRACLE!!!) everything would be done but unfortunately I dont but thank you so much for your help, appreciate it!
I understand. It must be hard to juggle all these different demands on your time. As a migration agent I obviously set different standards for myself. My clients would not be too impressed if I didn't lodge everything as fast as I could.

It's unlikely anyone will look at the application for a while, but my advice is to try and find some quiet time where you can properly concentrate and finish everything off in one go. Have a pdf copy of the visa application handy, so you can cross-check all the answers. Have some system in your supporting docs, make sure the format and size is correct and name them appropriately. That way you can attach all the evidence quickly and be done with it.

Reactions: EddieR
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.