Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am applying for a 3 sponsored tourist visa for my Thai girlfriend, but have a few questions.

1. She can get a letter from her work that she will not work for 1 month and can return to work. So in the invitation letter should I put I am willing to sponsor her for 3 months still? This is what my agent is saying but seems like immigration might questions this.

2. I have been working as a freelencer in Thailand for a year and mainly get paid in cash, so I do not have payslips, my back statement do not look good, but I will be given a gift of 100K of my mother as I lost a lot of money in a divorce a few years ago. So I will get this money next week and put it in my bank, will this look fishy?

3. My mother will also be the sponsor as she lives in Australia. But she lives in a nice retirement Village, So she will have to get a copy of her tenant agreement I guess. and 6 months statement which is fine.

4. In my invitation letter bellow, should I mention about a partner visa plans at a later date or not a good idea?

To Whom It May Concern,
Application for Tourist Visa: *********, DOB: ********* Passport No: *********

I am writing to invite and sponsor ********* to visit Australia for up to 3 months starting on the 1st of December 2015 for her entire stay.
I am an Australian Citizen where I was working as a freelance web designer in Thailand and am returning to Australia where I will find work and accommodation.

We will be staying with my mother ********* at first at ********* and then she will stay with me when I find some accommodation.

The reason for *********'s visa is because she is my girlfriend who I have been living with since February 2014 and we intend to marry at a later date, I want to show her Australia and her to visit my friends, see my mother and perhaps live permanently in the future with me.

We feel it is better she come to Australia first for a holiday so she can see what it is like, then we will decide on where we will live in the future. I will also plan on going back to Thailand sometime in 2015 after ********* goes back. We may decide then to proceed for a Partner visa then, but that is a decision we will make at a later date.
Following documents are encloised:
- Copy of passport
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- 6 months Bank statement
5. What do you think my chances are?

Thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
A useless, lazy ''friend'' living off Disability, has managed to travel alot to the PH....last year he met a Thai lady, widow twice to foreigners, from some remote provincial town in Thailand.....He had no trouble bringing her here on a 3 month holiday......As long as she had evidence that she had property as well as a biz, back there and was not likely to jump ship, it did not matter, how much money the guy had....

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi, I went on a tourist visa (subclass 600, I think) a few months ago. My then bf (now fiance) supported me. He wrote an invitation letter saying that he will help with the accommodation and expenses while I am in there and that he will ensure that I will return to my country and will not overstay. For my part, I also wrote a letter detailing my travel plans (where we'll go, what we'll do, and people we'll meet). We also wrote in both our letters that we plan to apply for a Prospective Marriage Visa as soon as I get back to my country. The letter you wrote is similar to what we've submitted :)

I also have a letter from my company saying that I am currently employed and that my company and supervisors know of my travel plans and that my leave is approved. My stay was only 3 weeks though.

Each of us also submitted our bank account statements. It helps if your gf has proof that she has some money to provide for herself even though you will sponsor her. I didn't have much in my account, to be honest, but it was enough to cover 3 weeks expenses just in case my partner and I get into a petty argument and my prideful self decides to stay in a hotel ;P (that didn't happen though ;D)

Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, this is what our agent is applying for, I will have to speak with my agent.

Thanks for telling me that, so me writing a letter does not matter anymore?

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Oh, this is what our agent is applying for, I will have to speak with my agent. Thanks for telling me that, so me writing a letter does not matter anymore?
You should still write a letter of support.

Are you sure your agent is applying for a family sponsored visa? That seems very odd under the circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using Australia

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.