Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I had applied for a visitor visa (600) for my fiancee who is in India at the moment to come and see the weather/culture etc and later I wish to apply for a dependent visa( I am on 457 at the moment) after we get married.

Since my fiancee has just left the job she is technically "unemployed" with her last date of being employed in October 2018. As supporting doco we had supplied her inbound flight ticket, invitation, my bank statements( as I was the sponsor ), form 54 indicating immediate family in India(her parents and sister). The application got refused without merit to review with below reasons :
=======================================
- you are currently unemployed and have not provided details of your current activities or future job prospects. Based on the available evidence I find you have limited incentives to return to your home country.
- you have not demonstrated sufficiently strong financial, personal, employment or other commitments in your home country that would be an incentive for you to return after your visit.
==============================================

Now that we have been refused, I too honestly think that we might have missed supplying enough/correct documentation.

I have a few questions:
> should i try reapplying? Can it have any adverse impacts on future applications as a dependent?
> what documents are valid to indicate immediate family in India?
> my fiancee does not have a job at the moment but she was working till a few months back. Can income tax returns of previous year(s) be useful?
> a lot of forum posts suggest that try writing an application explaining your case and upload it as an extra document - has this been helpful to anyone yet?

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Very simply if you got a refusal - you need help!

Get a good RMA (generally Australian based but a Pom, Paul {think his name}) is what you need.

Reapplying has no adverse effects, but no benefit if the application is not very much better presented - even then it can not help.

I have navigated a few refusals of the 600.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
You cannot sponsor her visa as 1/ you are not a permanent visa holder or citizen of Australia and 2/ she is not a member of your family unit.

The onus is on her to show that she has enough funds when she is in Australia, therefore immigration does not have to take your bank statement into account.

You need to show that she has a reason to return to India and that she has enough money to support herself in Australia (as in her bank statements).

The best option is to get help from a migration agent & yes they do tourist visa applications.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.