Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, so me and my partner are currently going through the forms to apply for the partner visa, i am having problems with mine as the sponsor, i fill in the basic details on page 2 (name, dob, passport number etc), and when i go to confirm this on page 3 it brings up an error message that my details cannot be verified?!
i have double triple checked everything and i haven't entered anything incorrectly.
has this happened to anyone else? does anyone got any idea what the problem could be? we cant continue with the form without getting past this page!
I've gone down to the immigration dept local office and all they could suggest is submitting a technical support form !
Thanks for any help!
kate

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the reply, i think you might be right, incredibly hard to find this information online for some reason!
I've spoken to the immigration department 3 times and no one told me this was the case it was only after googling and posting on here that i think i have confirmed that this is the problem!
thanks again!

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
P.S. getting information and advice from immigration department staff is not the best idea.

They are often wrong and not accountable for incorrect information they give even if in writing.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
The website is a bit all over the place, but it's there under the follow these steps sections.

"You can lodge your sponsorship form online after your partner has lodged their visa application and given you their Transaction Reference Number (TRN) or application ID."

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. i think i assumed that because even though he hasn't lodged his form it has a TRN i could just use that and continue to fill in my form but apparently not util his is lodged fully!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.