Australia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I already sponsored my 2 previous partners. First one was granted in 2006, second was granted in 2013. They were geniune relationship but ended up breaking up. First partner is still in Australia but the second one couldn't get PR and left Australia.

I met with my new partner in January,2020 in Turkey. We both are currently living together in Turkey for 2 years. We have a lot of evidences to prove that this relationship is geniune. We are gay couple living in Turkey and I don't speak Turkish so it's not so convinient living here in Turkey. Our relationship is longstanding.That's why I want to apply for 309 visa.

I am aware of limitations of sponsorship. I am wondering has anyone sponsored their 3rd partner and granted?
Can you please give me an opinion? Is it worth to try it?

I would be really appreciated if you englighten me in this matter.

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Hello everyone,

I already sponsored my 2 previous partners. First one was granted in 2006, second was granted in 2013. They were geniune relationship but ended up breaking up. First partner is still in Australia but the second one couldn't get PR and left Australia.

I met with my new partner in January,2020 in Turkey. We both are currently living together in Turkey for 2 years. We have a lot of evidences to prove that this relationship is geniune. We are gay couple living in Turkey and I don't speak Turkish so it's not so convinient living here in Turkey. Our relationship is longstanding.That's why I want to apply for 309 visa.

I am aware of limitations of sponsorship. I am wondering has anyone sponsored their 3rd partner and granted?

The sponsorship can only be approved if "the Minister is satisfied that there are compelling circumstances affecting the sponsor." I suggest you get some professional advice as to whether this may be relevant in your circumstances.

Reactions: halegna

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello everyone,

I met with my new partner in January,2020 in Turkey. We both are currently living together in Turkey for 2 years. We have a lot of evidences to prove that this relationship is geniune. We are gay couple living in Turkey and I don't speak Turkish so it's not so convinient living here in Turkey. Our relationship is longstanding.That'santapply for 309 visa.

The sponsorship can only be approved if "the Minister is satisfied that there are compelling circumstances affecting the sponsor." I suggest you get some professional advice as to whether this may be relevant in your circumstances.
We believe our compelling
Thanks for your response, can you tell me
a) have you dealt with a case similar to this and is it common?
b) any information on the outcome of cases that have been presented to the minister and approved?

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
If you want to be together in Australia, and you can afford the visa fee, then it is worth it.

But, getting an opinion from a migration agent, after giving them the full details, might be well worth it in your situation.

I am sure that some have done it successfully, and some will have been refused.
But it comes down to your entire application details, and how well you submit the application.

Reactions: paulhand

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello everyone,

As your second one couldn't get PR and left Australia, that sponsorship was not successful and therefore does not count as a 'previous sponsorship'.

·
Registered
26 Posts
That is incorrect. The sponsorship approval happens at the first stage. That they didn't get pr is irrelevant
Better read the conditions (again) carefully.

If what you claim is correct, I would have sponsored 3 times without any issues. Sponsorship approval does not equal PR visa approval. Halegna said his partner could not get PR.

·
Registered
26 Posts

If what you claim is correct, I would have sponsored 3 times without any issues. Sponsorship approval does not equal PR visa approval. Halegna said his partner could not get PR.
Halegna didn't give us much information. He also did not mention a second stage, which is basically a formality to show evidence that the relationship is continuing.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Halegna didn't give us much information. He also did not mention a second stage, which is basically a formality to show evidence that the relationship is continuing.
Hello Don-Pierre de Plume,
My first partner was granted and got PR in 2006 but we broke up.
My second partner was also granted for 309 but couldn't get PR. So he is in Canada now not Australia. We also broke up in 2015.
I met with my 3rd partner in Turkey in January,2020.We are currently in de facto relationship in Turkey for 21months. I have to go back to Australia for my work. And being gay couple is not good in Turkey. We are confronting some issues here and also i don't speak Turkish. That's why i want to sponsor my 3rd partner but we are worried about that we will face with sponsorship limitations.(No more than 2).
Do you think if we state our compelling circumstances to the case officer well with a lawyer, they would accept it ?
It's really stressful process. I just want to hear from the other people who know about this process.
Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello Don-Pierre de Plume,
My first partner was granted and got PR in 2006 but we broke up.
My second partner was also granted for 309 but couldn't get PR. So he is in Canada now not Australia. We also broke up in 2015.
I met with my 3rd partner in Turkey in January,2020.We are currently in de facto relationship in Turkey for 21months. I have to go back to Australia for my work. And being gay couple is not good in Turkey. We are confronting some issues here and also i don't speak Turkish. That's why i want to sponsor my 3rd partner but we are worried about that we will face with sponsorship limitations.(No more than 2).
Do you think if we state our compelling circumstances to the case officer well with a lawyer, they would accept it ?
It's really stressful process. I just want to hear from the other people who know about this process.
Thanks everyone.
Your posts have 2 critical bits of information missing:

1. When (at what stage) was your partner advised that his application for PR was declined?

2. What are your 'exceptional circumstances'?

·
Registered
796 Posts

The partner doesn't have to get pr approved for the sponsorship to be counted. If the 300/309/820 is approved then the sponsorship has been approved.
With your circumstances can't comment. From your posting history seems yours was a while ago could of simply fallen through the cracks.

Best for the OP to contact a reputable agent from the pinned post.

The department will tell you that your earlier sponsorship counts if..

Your sponsorship where the visa was granted but the holder did not travel to Australia – the grant of the visa counts
A fiancé sponsorship where the visa was granted, the applicant travelled to Australia, but the marriage did not occur
A spouse sponsorship where the visa was cancelled prior to the spouse entering Australia
If you were sponsored and granted your visa on the grounds of family violence, and your relationship with your sponsor has ceased, this sponsorship counts
If you were granted a Partner visa based on your sponsor having passed away, this sponsorship counts

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
As your second one couldn't get PR and left Australia, that sponsorship was not successful and therefore does not count as a 'previous sponsorship'.
The law on this was amended to include the grant of a 309 or 820.

However, the immigration department has the ability to override this at their discretion.

It then comes down to the full details of all aspects of the applicant and sponsor.

No two cases are the same, consequently, in my opinion, the only final answer will be after application.

A migration agent might be able to tell which applications would definitely fail.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.