Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
I am getting married overseas this December. I have only known my soon to be husband for just little over a month now but have never met face to face only over Skype and via phone calls. We would only have known each other for about 9 months by Dec. Will I be able to sponsor him over to Australia whilst on Centrelink? but am currently studying in TAFE.
Any advice please :)
Thank you

·
Registered
666 Posts
Hi Leezy and welcome to the forum!! Sponsoring your spouse while on centrelink is not a problem. They removed the Assurance of Support obligation from this visa a few years ago!

HOWEVER!!! I suggest you have good read of the partner migration booklet!! Sponsoring your spouse to live in Australia is now a very expensive and very complex process that requires a LOT of evidence to prove the genuine nature of your relationship you will need evidence of combining of your lives - cohabitation/joint utilities/shared finances/social events etc.

Based on your circumstances I would suggest not applying for a defacto visa (as even when married you have to be able to provide good evidence of a genuine and continuing relationship)....go and visit your partner face to face...then apply for a prospective marriage visa - and marry in Australia once it's been granted!! There is a lot less evidence required for this visa and you can apply after you have met face to face!! Meeting/getting married on the same visit and then applying for a spouse visa - has a very high chance of rejection!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.