Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I just had quick question and was wondering if anyone could give me a hand.

I am currently writing a letter of invitation and financial support showing that I will be paying for all of my girlfriend's expenses whilst she is visiting Australia. In the letter I reference that I have enclosed copies of my bank statement and payslips to show evidence of my finances.

My question is should this be included in the same document as the letter, or should they be uploaded as separate documents as part of her visitor visa application?

Also if anything else jumps into anyone's minds in regards to what I could provide any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time and have a great day :)

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
You need to meet the GTE requirements as per PAM 3 and they are all interpreted differently.

Depending on your intentions the descriptive word Girlfriend may not be your best choice of word.

What passport does she hold and what country does she live?

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Also if anything else jumps into anyone's minds in regards to what I could provide any and all help would be
Many overseas posts insist that visa applicants have access to their own funds, regardless of any financial support they may be receiving in Australia.

"Genuine Visitor" requirements also need to be addressed.

Reactions: wrussell

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You need to meet the GTE requirements as per PAM 3 and they are all interpreted differently.
We have tried to cite our reasons for her coming to stay. The holiday is only intended for 1 week and she will be meeting my family while we also go around some tourist sites and she gets to know Australia.

Depending on your intentions the descriptive word Girlfriend may not be your best choice of word.
I agree that was poorly worded on my behalf, in the application and my letter I do not refer to her with the word Girlfriend haha, it was more just what came to mind when I was posting this.

What passport does she hold and what country does she live?
She is from the Philippines and holds a Philippines passport.

Many overseas posts insist that visa applicants have access to their own funds, regardless of any financial support they may be receiving in Australia.
She will be able to access her own funds and will provide copies of her own payslips and bank statement. Though the hope is if granted I will be covering her expenses.

"Genuine Visitor" requirements also need to be addressed.
In the letter (and in visa application) we do reference that is only a short holiday and that she would be coming to see Australia, go around some tourist attractions, meet my family, and just spend some time here.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
You need to include what incentives she has for returning home: employment, assets, family etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
term to use

[QUOTE=ThatGuy1;1780650

I agree that was poorly worded on my behalf, in the application and my letter I do not refer to her with the word Girlfriend haha, it was more just what came to mind when I was posting this.

- OHH, I'm in same situation. What could be the best name or term to use? partner maybe ?

She is from the Philippines and holds a Philippines passport.

- Same here, I also posted questions before and thanks for those who answer, I'm planning to lodge my application by end of Feb.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Yesterday, I received this from a colleague who has a practice in the Philippines:

Dear Wes, after hundreds of approvals I have got some new dickhead to refuse one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.