Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I was wondering if when my sponsor does her police check if she needs to do the one with fingerprints which would result in having to physically mail the application in. The website doesn't make it clear which type of police check is needed unless I am misunderstanding the wording (Complete Disclosure National Police Certificate).

Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hi all, I was wondering if when my sponsor does her police check if she needs to do the one with fingerprints which would result in having to physically mail the application in. The website doesn't make it clear which type of police check is needed unless I am misunderstanding the wording (Complete Disclosure National Police Certificate).

Any help is appreciated!
It will depend on your countries policy for that obtaining a national police check.

Where are you from?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also another follow up question, how soon should she do the police check. I’ve read they only last for a year.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
It depends on where the sponsor has lived.

For the AFP, no fingerprints are needed.

Do it whenever you like. Police checks are valid for 12 months but this doesn't seem to be much of an issue with sponsors. You could always just wait for a CO to request it from you for both you and your sponsor to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Hi Sky. How was your holiday?

Did you get us some gifts?
Haha, no shops on my mental holiday, unfortunately. Sometimes one needs to get off of all technology for a little while and clear the head.

Until one realizes that a certain final stage is approaching quickly and it would be wise to keep informed until the end! While helping a few people out in between :D

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
We all just had lots of beers, was quite funny/strange.

Did have an actual beer with Nick after all this time - good bloke and we had a good laugh.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.