Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I've submitted my partner visa 820/801 application and, with it, all my partner's identity evidence and signed Form 40SP under the relevant partner categories.

I've just now realized there is a sponsorship application available on the website. Do I need to submit this even though I have already submitted all the required documents/forms through the applicant application?

If so, there is a section asking for the "Relationship Details" aka the same questions (financial, social, etc.) that was just answered on the applicant application. Do we just copy and paste the same answers? Or does my partner need all new answers in his own words?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi all

I've submitted my partner visa 820/801 application and, with it, all my partner's identity evidence and signed Form 40SP under the relevant partner categories.

I've just now realized there is a sponsorship application available on the website. Do I need to submit this even though I have already submitted all the required documents/forms through the applicant application?

If so, there is a section asking for the "Relationship Details" aka the same questions (financial, social, etc.) that was just answered on the applicant application. Do we just copy and paste the same answers? Or does my partner need all new answers in his own words?

Thank you in advance.
Haha. That is funny. Like you were watching my every move. See, last night I submitted my Sponsorship Application online after reading on the Aust. Immigration site that after a Visa application is made then the sponsor has to submit Sponsorship Application. Incredibly, the questions asked in the Sponsorship Application were the same as in the Visa Application section regarding the sponsor. I think Immigration need to add that if sponsorship details were entered at Visa Application stage then the Form 40SP is not required.

Now I have repeated the information in the Sponsorship Application. :confused:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha. That is funny. Like you were watching my every move. See, last night I submitted my Sponsorship Application online after reading on the Aust. Immigration site that after a Visa application is made then the sponsor has to submit Sponsorship Application. Incredibly, the questions asked in the Sponsorship Application were the same as in the Visa Application section regarding the sponsor. I think Immigration need to add that if sponsorship details were entered at Visa Application stage then the Form 40SP is not required.

Now I have repeated the information in the Sponsorship Application. :confused:
So you did both Form 40SP and the online sponsor application? Did you repeat the answers to the relationship evidence questions or write entirely new ones?

·
Registered
140 Posts
So you did both Form 40SP and the online sponsor application? Did you repeat the answers to the relationship evidence questions or write entirely new ones?
We completed the PMV 300 online in ImmiAccount. In that application there was a section for a sponsor (me) to fill in which I did.
Recently I was looking at the "Sponsor" section on the Immigration website and it states ---

Apply

Submit your sponsorship form and documents online, after the applicant has applied for the visa and given you their Transaction Reference Number (TRN).

You can apply using:

-your prospective spouse's ImmiAccount or
-your own ImmiAccount. You can create your own ImmiAccount if you don't have one
-When you are in ImmiAccount select Sponsorship for a Partner to Migrate to Australia (300, 309/100, 820/801).
So I opened up our ImmiAccount online and proceeded to complete the "Sponsorship for a Partner to Migrate to Australia (300, 309/100, 820/801)" application. It is then that I discovered all the questions were the same as in the PMV 300 application. Needless to say I repeated the answers. I did not do a paper Sponsorship application Form 40SP.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We completed the PMV 300 online in ImmiAccount. In that application there was a section for a sponsor (me) to fill in which I did.
Recently I was looking at the "Sponsor" section on the Immigration website and it states ---

So I opened up our ImmiAccount online and proceeded to complete the "Sponsorship for a Partner to Migrate to Australia (300, 309/100, 820/801)" application. It is then that I discovered all the questions were the same as in the PMV 300 application. Needless to say I repeated the answers. I did not do a paper Sponsorship application Form 40SP.
Thank you! We'll just submit the sponsor one with the same answers as the applicant one.

If only they added some directions about this in the application :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thank you! We'll just submit the sponsor one with the same answers as the applicant one.

If only they added some directions about this in the application :)
You filled in and signed the online Form 40SP didn't you?

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
The sponsor form should be completed by the sponsor and as such wouldn't have the same answers. They put the narrative questions in the sponsor form because they want the sponsor to answer them from their perspective. Those questions are the statements on the relationship so the applicant has their set of questions for their statement and the sponsor has theirs.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The sponsor form should be completed by the sponsor and as such wouldn't have the same answers. They put the narrative questions in the sponsor form because they want the sponsor to answer them from their perspective. Those questions are the statements on the relationship so the applicant has their set of questions for their statement and the sponsor has theirs.
I hope you aren't disappointed to be wrong. I am the sponsor, I filled out the sponsor Form 40SP and the questions were the same as in the PMV 300 application online of which I also filled in the sponsor section. Basic information on both and both times from my perspective ..... :D

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
I hope you aren't disappointed to be wrong. I am the sponsor, I filled out the sponsor Form 40SP and the questions were the same as in the PMV 300 application online of which I also filled in the sponsor section. Basic information on both and both times from my perspective ..... :D
Not sure what you mean? The questions are the same in both forms but the responses should be from each person, not a copy and paste job. That's what I was pointing out. Edit: I'm referring to the narrative questions.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Not sure what you mean? The questions are the same in both forms but the responses should be from each person, not a copy and paste job. That's what I was pointing out. Edit: I'm referring to the narrative questions.
That is not indicated anywhere on the form thus is your interpretation. I reread the Form sponsor requirements and have met all including uploading the same documents as in the Visa application. It seems I have now two sponsorships going. All my information and uploaded documents in two separate Immiaccounts. Hopefully the Department will see they double up the questions in the Visa application.

My submission date for the Sponsorship is also indicating the same date as when we submitted the Visa 300 app. when I just submitted the Sponsorship app. two days ago.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
That is not indicated anywhere on the form thus is your interpretation. I reread the Form sponsor requirements and have met all including uploading the same documents as in the Visa application. It seems I have now two sponsorships going. All my information and uploaded documents in two separate Immiaccounts. Hopefully the Department will see they double up the questions in the Visa application.

My submission date for the Sponsorship is also indicating the same date as when we submitted the Visa 300 app. when I just submitted the Sponsorship app. two days ago.
First, I'm still not sure we're on the same subject here.

A statement from the sponsor used to be listed as a requirement, and no longer is since they've gone to online applications because the statement is built into the online form.

I may be reading this wrong, but I believe we're talking about two different things here.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
This is a public forum of people sharing experiences, so I expect that most posts are going to be someone's interpretation or opinion of the process.

Now, seeing how people are on here for one of two reasons, either to help or to receive help in the process, my comment was intended to help. If someone chooses to copy and paste the same answers to the narrative questions on both forms, then that's their choice. But if a CO then requests a statement from the sponsor because the applicant just copy and pasted their statement responses in the sponsor form, then that would could cause a delay. As is the case for many people on here, partners are separated from their partners during the process far longer than they would like or should be, so yes, it's my opinion that the applicant and sponsor should answer those questions in their respective applications in their own words to avoid any potential further delays with further requests.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
When I did the 300 application, I (the sponsor) filled in both the 40 and 47 relevant sections basically the same.
But I did have to explain why they were the same done by one person, not both done individually, as they appear to expect.

Skybluebrewer appears to have done them the way they seem to expect.

Our 300 application was still granted, but it did take twice as long as Skybluebrewer's, to be granted. An extra few months.

I would guess that anything that is not expected, or is not normal, might delay the application.

·
Registered
140 Posts
This is a public forum of people sharing experiences, so I expect that most posts are going to be someone's interpretation or opinion of the process.
Which may or may not be factual. When someone does A and the result = B then that is a factual experience and of course helpful. Opinions and interpretations come from the inexperienced or unknowledgeable and should not be relied upon when completing an immigration application..

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Which may or may not be factual. When someone does A and the result = B then that is a factual experience and of course helpful. Opinions and interpretations come from the inexperienced or unknowledgeable and should not be relied upon when completing an immigration application..
Inexperienced? I've had all three visas granted so been through this process and that's how we did it. So as you stated, it's factual experience.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Inexperienced? I've had all three visas granted so been through this process and that's how we did it. So as you stated, it's factual experience.
The relationship questions are simple and do not request the sponsor and applicant to express their seperate wording of the same experience. 'Our' experiences were the same, i.e. as a couple 'we' did/do everything together. It is about the 'relationship' not the individual. That is time, dates, locations, finances and experiences were/are of us together in a relationship.
Unless otherwise stated 'we' will continue supplying requested information that is written in plain English. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Phew, things are getting a bit heated :) I appreciate everyone's advice, opinions, and experience here.

I didn't see your reply, skybluebrewer, so I just copy and pasted the answers to the questions. It's submitted now, so I don't think I can do anything about it. My sponsor has also submitted his own statutory declaration about these questions in the evidence section, so hopefully that helps.

My partner and I applied onshore so if it (unfortunately) takes a few more months, then I guess we will just have to wait. Maybe I'll be lucky and my CO will see that we were just confused. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know.

Thank you everyone!

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Phew, things are getting a bit heated :) I appreciate everyone's advice, opinions, and experience here.

I didn't see your reply, skybluebrewer, so I just copy and pasted the answers to the questions. It's submitted now, so I don't think I can do anything about it. My sponsor has also submitted his own statutory declaration about these questions in the evidence section, so hopefully that helps.

My partner and I applied onshore so if it (unfortunately) takes a few more months, then I guess we will just have to wait. Maybe I'll be lucky and my CO will see that we were just confused. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know.

Thank you everyone!
If he submitted a separate statement, then you'll be fine.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
The actual wording for the application (from the migration booklet that we are told to read) was:

When you lodge your application, you must provide:
completed application form 47SP Application for migration to Australia by a partner and
form 40SP Sponsorship for a partner to migrate to Australia (completed by your sponsor).

This indicates that the Applicant must complete the 47SP sections, and the Sponsor must complete the 40SP sections.

This indicates that they expect each form to be individual, by each party to the application. They are however now done online.

I would assume they would not ask the sponsor to complete one separately, if they did not want that.

One form would be much easier.

Reactions: Skybluebrewer
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.