Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering whether anyone has been in a similar situation or has any information/advice regarding the following circumstance:

My partner will be applying for the Partner Visa subclass 309 and 100 on a de-facto basis. He is a Mexican citizen and I am Australian. We met while we were living in Canada, and lived together the entire time. We both worked full-time, until I was 34 weeks pregnant. My visa was due to expire, and we wanted to be close to family. I stayed in Mexico for 6 months and then I returned to Australia with our daughter. The plan was and is that I would return to Australia to support our child, while we prepare his partner visa application.

The issue is that because I am now essentially in a single mother position, I will have to rely on a parenting payment, as I want to spend this time raising my baby during this crucial time in her development. That means it looks like I can't financially support my partner, although we would make it work. We will be living with my parents when he arrives, who would be willing to provide his accommodation and food.

Do you think my sponsorship application could be strengthened if I write a statement of this circumstance, and possibly include a stat dec from my family, indicating that they would be providing his accommodation and food and willing to support him in these ways. Is this a situation where they would consider compassionate grounds?

Does anyone have a similar experience or any advice? Greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hey

I don't have any personal expierence with this...
But I think a child is most likely a compassionate ground

I would definitly explain the situation to IMMI and get a stat dec from your parents...

maybe somebody else can give better advice

all the best!

·
Registered
43 Posts
We currently live in the USA. We recently applied for my partner visa. We also have a baby. When we move to Aus, neither my husband nor I will have a job as my husband intends to leave his job here in the USA upon approval of my partner visa.

He indicated in his declaration that he intends to seek employment asap upon arriving in Aus, to support his family. We also will be living with his parents and we got his parents to state they will accomodate us and provide for us as necessary.

I think if you explain your situation to Immi too, that would be best. I would think that you being mum and the Aus sponsor to your partner, it would be reasonable to be in Aus with your child whilst you await a decision on your partners visa.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.