Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this topic has been covered before...
I have been married twice - I sponsored both ladies.
Obviously the intention was to live out my life with both partners but it did not happen that way.

It has been five years since my second sponsorship.
My current partner has been here on a tourist visa.

I am of the belief that this girl is my soulmate and am planning on re-marrying. I am of the belief that I am unable to sponsor a third time and that sponsorship limitations do apply; minimum of 5 years between sponsorships and a life time limitation of 2 sponsorships.

Does this mean I bid farewell to my homeland ? Is it worthwhile to consult am Immigration lawyer ?

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
You can only sponsor twice, unless you can obtain a waiver. The only way to apply for a waiver is by applying for a partner visa and fork out $ 7000.00. Waivers are treated on a case by case basis and are very difficult to obtain.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can only sponsor twice, unless you can obtain a waiver. The only way to apply for a waiver is by applying for a partner visa and fork out $ 7000.00. Waivers are treated on a case by case basis and are very difficult to obtain.
Thankyou Nick - what are the requirements for a waiver of the sponsorship limitation ? My first marriage ended in divorce - the second one also ended in divorce and she left the country - her visa was granted - but not permanent residency as it was withdrawn two years after her arrival.... I have been with my current partner for nearly three years and her life is here -

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do they take re-marriage and evidence of a new partner being settled into a community and family into account, or is it cut and dry ?

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
There are no clear guidelines on it unfortunately. Maybe there are some AAT/MRT cases.

As is usually the case with waivers, you’d be looking at compelling and compassionate circumstances: children of the relationship, death of a previous partner, etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thankyou again Nick - you seem to be the guiding light here -
Message for fourm
By the time a permanent visa supplication is lodged next year – our r/s will be three years old – We also have a wedding date set for later this year
Also important is that that my partner fills the role of step mother to my two children and is extremely important to their lives - roughly guessing - but would the above be taken into consideration ? (• a new relationship is formed that is long-standing)

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
They can be taken into consideration, but only if well referenced to the current policy and regulations.

You will be best advised to work very closely with a Registered Migration Agent such as Nick (or one of the others on the stick on this forum). Even then you still are tossing a coin as if it will be approved (accepted) but it will be a fair better application than you could do as a DYI (you simply don't have the information or experience required). If refused you would have the MRT to get a second opinion on the facts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.