Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife will be granted her 309 partner visa very soon. My problem is Centrelink will reduce my payment to $342.50 per week and our rent will be $345 per week. Any advice.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Be honest with Centrelink or you'll have even larger issues to deal with in the future.

I can't offer any advice outside of that. Best of luck.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
Be honest with Centrelink. Also talk to Centrelink, I know that some people do get a single payment even though they are a couple, but you would need to talk to Centrelink and they will see if you are eligible for that.

The only other option is to find a cheaper place to move to.

I think it is important to remember as a sponsor you sign a form that you will take care of the applicant for 2 years.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been to Centrelink 10 days ago and filled out a mod S separation form without giving much thought to it. Probably not the wisest thing to do. Now I regret that. I wonder if it will have an adverse affect on immigration..

·
Registered
743 Posts
I don't know what form it is that you filled out BUT when my husband and I first moved in together, my husband didn't think to inform Centrelink because the money he was getting was related to him being a student and basically he didn't think it had anything to do with me...

Before we went to apply for our spouse visa, I made him contact Centrelink and explain so that everything would be in order for our spouse visa and nothing would look dodgy. We'd probably been living together for less than a year when he changed it. I got my spouse visa no questions asked but we did have to pay Centrelink $200 a month for over a year, maybe close to two years, because my husband had been overpaid. My advice would be correct your mistake NOW.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
I have been to Centrelink 10 days ago and filled out a mod S separation form without giving much thought to it. Probably not the wisest thing to do. Now I regret that. I wonder if it will have an adverse affect on immigration..
I just googled the form to make sure it was what I thought it was. It definitely is not the wisest thing to do as immigration do data matching with Centrelink. They can use this as a reason to refuse the permanent partner visa when the time comes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.