Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Do you mean you are a contractor rather than an existing employee?
If so you need to be employed by the employer for employer sponsorship, a minimum wage paid and other conditions met.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for that!
another question for everyone- im thinking about using a migration agent to get help with my sponsorship application-is this too costly or am i btter off loding the application myself( i dont have any idea idea of how much any of this stuff are)

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Agents charge somewhere around $2000 - $3000 from what I gather, maybe a bit less or more depending on complexity or whether dependents involved.
I've also seen some adverts re charges for Employer Sponsorship for down around $1000 and though they might be considered by the profession as budget operators and beware for you get what you pay for, the ES 457 being a temporary residency visa may have less work involved and all agents in Australia should be MARA registered.

With an ES visa, there is also an employer and the position approval process and if an employer is not familiar with the process they may want to consider using an agent themselves and that perhaps opens up the door for an employee to get a tagalong deal from the agent.

But have a look at the relevant Immi section re the visa and you'll find eligibility and the applying process reasonably identified, there usually being a very clear Checklist as part of the latter and so for someone prepared to take the time to work through the application form and collate the right documents and get certified copies of them etc., it is not so difficult to do an application yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.