Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Hi I have recently got my 887 visa my I want to bring my wife and kids from UK which subclass should I apply
Was there not an option to include them in your application for the s/c 887?

From the s/c 887 page:

"You can include your partner and your or your partner's child or step-child in your application.

There is eligibility criteria for family members.

Family members who are granted the visa have the same rights and can do the same things as you."

I would suggest consulting with a RMA about this.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Hi I have recently got my 887 visa my I want to bring my wife and kids from UK which subclass should I apply
Most probably a partner visa, either onshore or offshore. These visas cost an arm and a leg and are often refused, so I may I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for advice about strategy?

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
The 887 is a permanent visa, so you can now apply for a Partner visa, probably the subclass 309 visa (that's the offshore one) which will cost $7,000 for the wife, and $1,755 for each child, plus all the other incidental costs.

Was there a reason for not adding them on your 887 application?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi,

I have a question regarding the 887 visa and adding a partner to the application:

Context: I am currently on a 489 visa, and will be eligible to apply for 887 in April 2018.

Situation: I am getting married to a girl who has never lived in Australia.

Question: What are my options?

1. Add her as a partner to my 489 application, and once that is processed, then apply for 887 for both of us? (This will delay my application for 887, which I'd REALLY rather not. Also, what's the processing time for adding dependant to 489 visa)?

2. Get married, lodge my 887 visa application and add her as a dependant/partner on the application? (Will she be eligible for it considering she has never lived in Australia?)

Cheers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.