Australia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone, We are planning to apply for Australian General Skilled Migration under visa subclass 189 or 190.

To claim 5 points for "Partner Skill Qualifications" we have to do skill assessment for spouse. We both are belongs to same occupation "Analyst Programmer"

So my question is "To get positive skill assessment, do my spouse has to satisfy all the requirements which count under skill assessment for primary applicant?"

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm also confused about this one. Does the "Skill Level Requirement Met Date" set by ACS also matter for the spouse or is it meant for the main applicant?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone.

Here is my scenario. I have Higher National Diploma and five years of work experience. Recently I done ACS skill assessment and it was positive.

My spouse has Higher National Diploma and three years of work experience. If she do the ACS skill assessment, do you think is there any chance to get positive skill assessment?

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
It is not possible to give an opinion from the information given. Assessment depends on the relevance of your spouse's qualifications to the nominated occupation and the relevance of work experience to nominated occupation, as well level of education.

Regards

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Jeremy,
Need your opinion here I'm also Applying for Subclass 189(Me + Spouse + 1Kid).

Here are my details along with the point awarded:
Age 28(30 Points)
Work Ex in IT industry 7.5 Years(10 Ponits)
Ielts(10 Points)
Education(Bachelor in Computer Science 15 Points)
Now I'm already getting 65 Points so I suppose I'm eligible.

Now my question is related to my Spouse(Spouse also have the above qualification and work ex(5 Years) in IT industry but no ilets.

As I'm eligible to get the PR(Scoring 65 Points) all by myself, does my spouse also require to get the ACS skill assessment done? If NOT will it cause any problem for the spouse to get a job there or any other kind issue to spouse (Since ACS skill assessment not done and not taken Ilets Test)?

What do you recommend, should spouse go for ACS skill assessment(Is it the good practise to get the ACS assessment done though it is not required)?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks Russell,

What about IELTS is it required for the spouse employment ?
One more more question if I will be granted the 189 is it possible that my spouse can go and work in australia and I stay back in my country and will plan to move later.

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
I've never heard of an employer asking for IELTS results for employment purposes.

Your spouse will be granted her own 189 visa at the same time as you, and she can then come and work in Australia regardless of when or if you move.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Maggie,
Lots of confusion over spouse ielts, I was reading some older posts it was mentioned that Spouse must score 4.5 in ielts, else the primary applicant will pay some kind of fee(4850 AUD) to the government.
Now I'm totally confused whether a dependent should appear for ielts or not to work and live flawlessly in Australia.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Did you know that an ACS Skills Assessment assesses both your qualification(s) and work experience for relevance to you nominated occupation. The amount of work experience you need will depend on the relevance and level of your education to you nominated occupation. The minimum is two years and maximum is 8 years. Better get your skills assessment done before you count your points. Good idea to have you IELTS test as well. The average IELTS score in India is 5.7.

Regards

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Jeremy

Got your point thanks for all your help.
What is the validity of ACS skill assessment, can I file my EOI after 6 months of skill assessment.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts