Australia Forum banner

Spouse Visa 309 - Applied in Oct 2021 still awaiting

2K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  wrussell 
#1 ·
Hi ,

I have applied for a Spouse Visa 309 in Oct 2021 , I have submitted all the documents and currently waiting. I havent received any response regarding the Visa .

I have applied through a MARA registered agency and they have not been able to show some clarity .

I will be planning to move to Australia on a visitor visa 600 in march 2022 , I came to know that I'm pregnant last week and would like to know if there is medicare avialable for me and my baby.

My spouse is currently on an Australian PR & has been in Australia for more than 2 years .

Kindly do provide any response or any info on this .

I have gone through a lot of links that state that I'm eligible for medicare provided I'm a spouse to a PR resident or if i have applied for PR via 309 .

I wanted to know if this is true or is subjected to changes .

It would be great help if some one would shed light on this .

Thanks

See less See more
Discussion starter · #6 ·
if you go AU with visitor visa ( family stream ) you can stay up to 1 year if they approve you, you can give birth in AU,
but problem is you and your baby not gonna covered by medicare benefits,
you will pay all the cost for pregnancy check up and hospitalization when baby due,
if you not covered by medicare the cost for having baby in AU not cheap, you looking around 20k to 30k from week 5 all the way to give birth regular pregnancy check up and hospitalisation,
unless one of the parents is Australian citizen then baby automatically AU citizen,
Thank you so much for your response , I did find a website (https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.a...anent-resident?context=60092#applicationfails ) that states that I can apply for Medicare if I have applied for the spouse visa 309 & provide some documents. Do you have any idea whether this can be done and the duration of its validity .

Discussion starter · #7 ·
i applied my medicare right after i grant 309 from outside Australia,
but they didn't proceed my medicare application until i enter AU,
First 2 weeks in AU before i got medicare i had to pay all the cost for GP and some Scan ( 32 weeks pregnancy ) , bill was shocking without medicare,
but i did claim all back after i got medicare,
there medicare phone line 24 hours open , you need to confirm your eligibility, without medicare as pregnant women you will pay everything,
Thank you for your response .
I have not received my spouse visa 309 grant yet , its been 15 months . I will be entering Australia in march 2023 .
Do you know how long will it take for medicare to be activated .
I will try reaching the medicare helpline

Discussion starter · #14 ·
That is incorrect.
People who apply for the 309/100 are applying for a permanent visa and are converted by Medicare even without 1 parent being a citizen.
Thank you for the information !!
better to call medicare,
have you got the visitor visa ?
Yes i have received the visitor Visa and I'm planning to move in March

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.