Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I'm writing in to this forum in regards to my husbands spouse visa.
Visa 309 was lodged 14/03/2018
I'm his sponsor I'm an Australian citizen.
I have few issues if anyone can help me clear up some doubts would appreciate it a lot
### first one is that I'm his sponsor but I'm currently not working or living in Australia. I came back to Srilanka because parents wanted me to get married. I have being here in srilanka since December 2016. I got married to my husband through an arrange marriage November 2017 . So we don't have much of relationship history as evidence to give we got married within 7 months of getting to know each other. We have given wedding photos and bills and payments spent on the wedding as evidence. We have lodged for his spouse visa and we are living in SL so we don't have to be apart coz we are newly weds and still getting to know each other. Didn't want to suffer waiting for the visa in two different countries. I do own a house and a car in Australia so those are my only assests. I have provide with my tax returns but only up until 2016. They had asked for current but I couldn't get the 2017 one due to being out of Aussie plus haven't worked for half of the financial year. So don't know if that will be an issue with my husbands spouse visa.
### second issue is we couldn't apply online due to me being granted my citizenship from my ex husband visa 801 march 2011 and visa 100 June 2013. It's being over 5 years seperated. Due to this we couldn't apply online because the system wouldn't let me will my sponsor form so we submitted paper form applications. Dont know if this will be an issue for my husbands visa grant.
### next issue is we have submitted all police clearance both his and mine srilankan police clearance and my Aussie NPC. My husband has studied in Thailand for 4.5 years and Singapore for 1.5 years. So will he be needing to submit police clearances from those two countries as
well???
### it's being a bit over two months now after lodgement how much longer should we wait before he gets his Medicals done??? Should we wait them to let us know to do it. Or should we just go and get it done???
Thanks in advance for who ever can help. Cheers

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi all, so I have some sort of good news that afte exactly 3 months my husbands file has being opened and he has being asked to do his medicals.
He has being asked for police clearance from countries he studies so we are now working on getting a Thai police clearance and a Singapore police clearance.
Singapore one was pretty straight forward coz it's was to be done over the internet and only the fingerprints are needed to be done at the Singapore consulate.
However The Thai police clearance has being a bit of a pain coz there is nothing you can do over the internet so you need to go to the Thai embassy to get it done with so many documents. They needed a character certificate from the gramasewaka in the area 馃槓 a srilankan police report addresses for the Thai embassy itself. Certified copies of pp and all documentation from the stay there.All this will then be sent to Thailand. And it will take over 2 months to even get the clearance from Thailand it self. So it's going to be pretty frustrating to have to wait with no clue on when that is going to come so we could submit that to the Aussie immigration.
Hopefully these are the last of the documents we have to submit.

Registered
Hi all, so I have some sort of good news that afte exactly 3 months my husbands file has being opened and he has being asked to do his medicals.
He has being asked for police clearance from countries he studies so we are now working on getting a Thai police clearance and a Singapore police clearance.
Singapore one was pretty straight forward coz it's was to be done over the internet and only the fingerprints are needed to be done at the Singapore consulate.
However The Thai police clearance has being a bit of a pain coz there is nothing you can do over the internet so you need to go to the Thai embassy to get it done with so many documents. They needed a character certificate from the gramasewaka in the area 😐 a srilankan police report addresses for the Thai embassy itself. Certified copies of pp and all documentation from the stay there.All this will then be sent to Thailand. And it will take over 2 months to even get the clearance from Thailand it self. So it's going to be pretty frustrating to have to wait with no clue on when that is going to come so we could submit that to the Aussie immigration.
Hopefully these are the last of the documents we have to submit.
You will have to inform the high commission about the delay in getting the police clearance from Thailand as u only get 28 days to submit the documents after they requested them. If the high commission has not requested them yet it's ok too coz then u have time to submit them.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks for that information. Yes I'm planning on informing them. That have actually requested the police clearances from Thailand and Singapore. We couldn't apply for them in advance coz we needed a written request by the Australian immigration asking for them. Some countries won't just give you police clearances. We knew they would be asking for them but had to wait for that email to actually apply.
After health check is conducted and the fingerprints are submitted for both Singapore and Thailand police clearances with the receipts I will email the the high commission. So they know it's on the process. That's what I was thinking to do.

Registered
Hi all I'm writing in to this forum in regards to my husbands spouse visa.
Visa 309 was lodged 14/03/2018

### second issue is we couldn't apply online due to me being granted my citizenship from my ex husband visa 801 march 2011 and visa 100 June 2013. It's being over 5 years seperated. Due to this we couldn't apply online because the system wouldn't let me will my sponsor form so we submitted paper form applications. Dont know if this will be an issue for my husbands visa grant.
What exactly do you mean you submitted paper form applications?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I couldn't fill the online form. So I printed out the form and we handed over them to Vfs in Srilanka

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.