Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi

My husband is from North Africa and has been living in Spain for the past 10 years.
I contacted our case officer . He advised because my husband is from North Africa he could not process the application here, and that he had to send it to Australia where an external agent would look at it.

I was wondering if
a. you had any feedback, information on what occurs with the application in Australia.
b. Does the CO look over form 80, or is this completed by someone in Australia, i.e. external agent?
c. Could it be possible they do not approve the visa, and, if so, for what reason/s?

Look forward to hearing from you.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hi

My husband is from Morocco and has been living in Spain for the past 10 years. We started the spouse visa application back in January 2010, with the last correspondence to the Australian embassy in Madrid on April 22. This was providing some responses to the character check - form 80.

I contacted our case officer from the Australian embassy on June 17, 2010, and he advised to wait until July 10 - if we do not have a response by then to contact him back so he can follow up. He advised because my husband is from North Africa he could not process the application here, and that he had to send it to Australia where an external agent would look at it.

I was wondering if
a. you had any feedback, information on what occurs with the application in Australia.
b. Does the CO look over form 80, or is this completed by someone in Australia, i.e. external agent?
c. Could it be possible they do not approve the visa, and, if so, for what reason/s?

Look forward to hearing from you.
By external agent they likely mean that a security check by ASIO occurs for that is what occurs with passport holders of designated countries or a background there.
It has in recent times been a lengthy task made all the more so because ASIO checking resources has been stretched on doing similar duty re asylum seekers arriving by boats and being processed.
As to the time frame, I have seen people report being told that six months needs to be allowed for the ASIO check and times for overall processing does vary for individual cases.
Client Service Charter gives some indication.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.