Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I’m so confused with all this information. My partner is Fijian and we are deciding weather to apply onshore with bridging visa or offshore through Fiji.
Does anyone know recent processing times out of offshore Fiji applications?
If we do onshore from a tourist visa does he get full work rights on his bridging visa?
Any advise is appreciated.

Thank you

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
A Visitor Visa from Fiji often has the 'No Further Stay condition'. I assume that would stop an application for a Partner Visa onshore.
If your current visa was granted with a 'no further stay' condition you will not be able to apply for or be granted any further visitor visa while you remain in Australia unless you meet very limited and specific criteria which allow the 'no further stay' condition to be waived. https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/abou...n/faqs/family-migration-questions-and-answers
If so, an offshore application would be the other option.

If you can do the onshore partner visa, I think that the Bridging visa only comes into effect when the Visitor Visa expires.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only conditions listed on the visa are 8201 and 8101 unless the no further stay condition is listed somewhere else?

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Yes you get full work rights once the stay period expires, if you have lodged the onshore 820 Partner Visa.

You also can get Medicare as soon as the application is made for the 820.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.