Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am so lucky to find this forum. Please help. i am in bit of trouble.
i live in singapore with my husband. he is a Australian PR and Singaporean.
We got married before 5 months and i am pregnant now. we want to move to australia before i give birth to my child. what are my options? spouse visa (subclass 309) takes so much time (6 to 10 months) when i check immi site. i got hardly 4 months for delivery. Is there any chance to get spouse visa with in 2 or 3 months? if not is there any other visa to get in AU and deliver the baby there? we want the baby to be born as Australian citizen. Also i am worried about the Chest X-ray for the medical. is there any way to skip this ? Please help..

Many thanks in Advance

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
You probably ought to just settle for the baby being born in Singapore for there's really no way that visa applications can be rushed and especially if you have not even got the application in yet for there are things like police checks as well as the medical examination you need to do.
It is up to the discretion of the examining medical officer if they request a chest Xray or not.
And the baby being born here will not make it automatically an Australian citizen.
You can submit your application as soon as you have all information ready other than the medical and do the medical plus add the baby to the application as soon as you are ready after the birth.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think by the time you get all the documents ready to submit the application you'll be past the recommended safe point of travel in your pregnancy.
And as Wanderer said a baby born in Australia to parents who are not Australian citizens will not automatically have Australian citizenship.

I would almost think that immigration would possibly even delay the processing of your application until after the baby is born. Just a guess, i'm not really sure.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
The other alternative to be considered if you want to be in Australia would be to make a visit and if you do that with an ETA - ETA (Visitor) (Subclass 976) and if you happen to decide on staying in Australia rather than returning to Singapore you could always apply for a partner visa onshore.
You could be asked of your intent by immigration on arrival and that is why you should be intending to make just a visit.
The other issue that you and your husband will have is that it could be possible you will not be eligible for medicare benefits re birth hospitalisation and most private insurance funds will have a wait clause re pregnancy coverage and so if you decide to do that you will be looking at a cost of several thousand $$$ and perhaps if you have medical insurance in Singapore you might want to see if they will cover you for some medical costs abroad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.