Australia Forum banner
2001 - 2020 of 2173 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I will really love to know how it goes with ur process. Am about to apply as well in a similar situation as you.
I was granted a visitor visa for 1 year on multiple entry (3 months max stay) today and feeling ecstatic :):cool: that's such a relief as i can visit my husband often until a decision is made on the partner visa.
Applied online on 14 Nov 2019
Biometrics given on 18 Nov 2019
Visa granted on 20 Nov 2019

·
Registered
66 Posts
Congrats !

The visitor visa processing has so far been quite speedy. Wish i could say the same about the partner visas!

I will really love to know how it goes with ur process. Am about to apply as well in a similar situation as you.
I was granted a visitor visa for 1 year on multiple entry (3 months max stay) today and feeling ecstatic
that's such a relief as i can visit my husband often until a decision is made on the partner visa.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Congrats !

The visitor visa processing has so far been quite speedy. Wish i could say the same about the partner visas!
Thank you.

I know right. Wishing the same too. How long have you been waiting since you've submitted your application? has a case officer been assigned to you already?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Applied in April'19.

Not sure if a case officer has been allocated but the status in the system is Further Assessment

Congrats !

Thank you.

I know right. Wishing the same too. How long have you been waiting since you've submitted your application? has a case officer been assigned to you already?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Applied in April'19.

Not sure if a case officer has been allocated but the status in the system is Further Assessment
I see. Please keep us updated as and when you get any feedback. it will help us to keep our sanity going by waiting to hear news relating to partner visa.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was granted a visitor visa for 1 year on multiple entry (3 months max stay) today and feeling ecstatic
that's such a relief as i can visit my husband often until a decision is made on the partner visa.
Congrats! You are very lucky, just like RG123.

I'm curious as to how they grant 1 year 3 month stay visa. Last time we applied family sponsored, next year we are considering tourist stream.

Did you guys indicate that you will be entering Aus on more than one occasion for Q4?

It seems like it is easier for female applicants to get this, curious to know what were the reasons you guys gave as returning back to SL? Especially without proof of employment and a partner staying in Aus, that is a fantastic outcome!

And tezzie did you lodge online through Immi account or VFS?

Appreciate your help!

·
Registered
50 Posts

I'm curious as to how they grant 1 year 3 month stay visa. Last time we applied family sponsored, next year we are considering tourist stream.

Did you guys indicate that you will be entering Aus on more than one occasion for Q4?

It seems like it is easier for female applicants to get this, curious to know what were the reasons you guys gave as returning back to SL? Especially without proof of employment and a partner staying in Aus, that is a fantastic outcome!

Appreciate your help!
Thank you :)

I applied under the tourist stream. i did lodge it online through IMMI Account which was super fast and straight forward, saved a lot of hassle of getting documents certified by a JP, as you can just attach scanned images or colour photographs of the documents you have. Was a bit skeptical about applying online however i would advise you to do the same. I've traveled to Aus thrice on holiday before i got married wondering whether that helped coz i've not overstayed etc.

I did indicate that will be entering more than once however the maximum period i plan to stay i mentioned as 3 months. But on a cover letter again i requested to consider granting for an extended period with multiple entry.

I just recently resigned so i was able to provide payslips up to Oct but was not able to submit a letter from the employer mentioning that i've been granted leave. Actually took a chance on that and it worked.Try to write a convincing cover letter but don't show that your desperate.

I would strongly recommend to apply for a visit visa via IMMI Account coz the CO can directly contact you in case if they need further documents or if they feel there is a necessity to keep a security bond.

Hope this helps :) Good Luck!

·
Registered
66 Posts
So I've travelled once before to aus as well. I did say I would be entering only once in my form though ( not sure how i got multiple entry though). I also had a letter from my employer saying i would be returning back ( though I Iater resigned. My boss was super understanding with this arrangement:))
I guess these factors helped in my tourist visa grant for one year. But from what I see it really depends on your case officer as some applicants with similar situations like mine are granted visas with a duration of less than a year.

Appreciate your help!
Thank you

I applied under the tourist stream. i did lodge it online through IMMI Account which was super fast and straight forward, saved a lot of hassle of getting documents certified by a JP, as you can just attach scanned images or colour photographs of the documents you have. Was a bit skeptical about applying online however i would advise you to do the same. I've traveled to Aus thrice on holiday before i got married wondering whether that helped coz i've not overstayed etc.

I did indicate that will be entering more than once however the maximum period i plan to stay i mentioned as 3 months. But on a cover letter again i requested to consider granting for an extended period with multiple entry.

I just recently resigned so i was able to provide payslips up to Oct but was not able to submit a letter from the employer mentioning that i've been granted leave. Actually took a chance on that and it worked.Try to write a convincing cover letter but don't show that your desperate.

I would strongly recommend to apply for a visit visa via IMMI Account coz the CO can directly contact you in case if they need further documents or if they feel there is a necessity to keep a security bond.

Hope this helps
Good Luck!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for sharing your experiences guys.

Do you have any idea how much funds one should show in their account and whether the funds need to have been in the account in the 3 months prior?

Did your case officers for the visitor visa have Sri Lankan names? Ours didn’t appear to be Sri Lankan, so just wondering if that means they are processed in Aus?

tezzie, did you state in your cover letter that you wished to stay with your husband during processing of partner visa, or you said you’d like to visit him multiple times during the processing? And did you mention you would be returning for work (even though maybe not same employer)?

Did you both show property or immediate family members in SL as incentive to return? Just wondering how we could show immediate family members as incentive to return when there is a partner visa in progress

·
Registered
50 Posts

Do you have any idea how much funds one should show in their account and whether the funds need to have been in the account in the 3 months prior?

Did your case officers for the visitor visa have Sri Lankan names? Ours didn't appear to be Sri Lankan, so just wondering if that means they are processed in Aus?

tezzie, did you state in your cover letter that you wished to stay with your husband during processing of partner visa, or you said you'd like to visit him multiple times during the processing? And did you mention you would be returning for work (even though maybe not same employer)?

Did you both show property or immediate family members in SL as incentive to return? Just wondering how we could show immediate family members as incentive to return when there is a partner visa in progress
Definitely show funds in your account for over 3 months. Most of the embassies require to show funds up to 6 months. I showed for about 5 months.

The name of the CO for visit visa was not available on the grant notice nor on my immi account application. I'm assuming visit visa is processed my the sri lankan office.

I'll drop you a private message on the details for the cover letter for a better understanding ok :)

·
Registered
45 Posts

Did your case officers for the visitor visa have Sri Lankan names? Ours didn't appear to be Sri Lankan, so just wondering if that means they are processed in Aus?

tezzie, did you state in your cover letter that you wished to stay with your husband during processing of partner visa, or you said you'd like to visit him multiple times during the processing? And did you mention you would be returning for work (even though maybe not same employer)?

Definitely show funds in your account for over 3 months. Most of the embassies require to show funds up to 6 months. I showed for about 5 months.

The name of the CO for visit visa was not available on the grant notice nor on my immi account application. I'm assuming visit visa is processed my the sri lankan office.

I'll drop you a private message on the details for the cover letter for a better understanding ok
Thanks tezzie, really appreciate it!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I showed funds for about 4 months.
My grant letter also didn't specify a case office's name but I'm assuming as well that the visa was processed in Lanka.Also, no, I didn't include details of any of my property in my application.i just included details of my family in a form called "details of relatives" which I downloaded off the Aus embassy site.

·
Registered
215 Posts

I expect all partner visa decisions would be made by the Immigration officials who are Australian citizens regardless of their names or the location. However, visitor visa applications may be processed by the local staff (foreign nationals) provided the processing is mechanical and decision is automated (e.g. decision made by the computer).

·
Registered
50 Posts
I expect all partner visa decisions would be made by the Immigration officials who are Australian citizens regardless of their names or the location. However, visitor visa applications may be processed by the local staff (foreign nationals) provided the processing is mechanical and decision is automated (e.g. decision made by the computer).
i think that is the case too..

·
Registered
215 Posts
Many members have received grants. Many got on the 21st of Nov. Colombo must be sleeping. Probably tired after working for the local elections.:D

2001 - 2020 of 2173 Posts