Australia Forum banner
2181 - 2200 of 2203 Posts

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
Should we start a new thread? It seems no one is active here
Starting a new thread probably won't do much. This one has been viewed over 2,000 times, and is currently almost at the top of the list.

Maybe the Sri Lankan applicants, that visit this site, just have little information to share at the moment.

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
Yeah. The global processing time keeps going up and now at 21 to 28 mark. It's getting bit frustrating.
Those times might be rising as they are catching up with some of the older cases held up due to Covid.

It is interesting to compare to previous years for the same period.

Aug 2021: 21-28.
Aug 2020: 18-26. Average 14 months.
Aug 2019: 16-21.

Definitely slowed down after Covid hit.

Reactions: yash 2021

·
Registered
8 Posts
Those times might be rising as they are catching up with some of the older cases held up due to Covid.

It is interesting to compare to previous years for the same period.

Aug 2021: 21-28.
Aug 2020: 18-26. Average 14 months.
Aug 2019: 16-21.

Definitely slowed down after Covid hit.
Yeah definitely. I think they are buying time to process the backlog. This wont necessarily mean the fresh one will stale. I think the average will turn out to be 7,8 months in this post Delta-variant era

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
Yeah definitely. I think they are buying time to process the backlog. This wont necessarily mean the fresh one will stale. I think the average will turn out to be 7,8 months in this post Delta-variant era
The times they quote are not really estimates for the future, they are the actual times for last month.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,
Can I check with others, whether they have completed their biometrics and is that updated in the immi account?
Mine says action required eventough we provided it more than 6 months ago. I contacted the department and they says it is a system error and they have the biometrics in my file.
I am wondering whether they will assume that the application is incomplete and won't access it, if that is how it is appeared in Sri lankan office front.

Could someone please tell me their status and what I might should do?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,
Can I check with others, whether they have completed their biometrics and is that updated in the immi account?
Mine says action required eventough we provided it more than 6 months ago. I contacted the department and they says it is a system error and they have the biometrics in my file.
I am wondering whether they will assume that the application is incomplete and won't access it, if that is how it is appeared in Sri lankan office front.

I applied through an agent. Therefore , i cant look at my application .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

I applied through an agent so I have no idea what it is currently appearing as but biometrics was done early august

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Hi,

I’m facing a similar situation. I submitted my biometrics in March ‘21 which did not reflect on my immi account. The ‘action required:provide biometrics’ is still showing in my immi account. When I called to inquire they informed me that the personal identifiers have been received to my application case file and to ignore the error message on immi account, so I’m guessing it’s nothing to worry about.

I have previously posted my application timeline FYR.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

I’m facing a similar situation. I submitted my biometrics in March ‘21 which did not reflect on my immi account. The ‘action required:provide biometrics’ is still showing in my immi account. When I called to inquire they informed me that the personal identifiers have been received to my application case file and to ignore the error message on immi account, so I’m guessing it’s nothing to worry about.

I have previously posted my application timeline FYR.
Thanks for sharing. We are in the same boat and hopefully will hear soon from them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's been 21 months since lodgement and still no progress from the further assessment stage. When inquired , this was the response I got from the DHA ,
"your application for a Partner (Provisional) visa is in progress. Your application takes time to process as we complete a number of thorough checks."
But I've had no RFIs after the initial biometrics and police clearances.

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
It's been 21 months since lodgement and still no progress from the further assessment stage. When inquired , this was the response I got from the DHA ,
"your application for a Partner (Provisional) visa is in progress. Your application takes time to process as we complete a number of thorough checks."
Not everybody receives an RFI.

If everything required is included with the application, they can do the required checks without asking for anything else. How long these checks can take in some countries might be impossible to tell.

However, if not everything is included initially, it does give them the chance to prioritise other applications, especially when there are more applications than available visas.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Sahani,

Same here. 19 months since we applied. No request of further information. One of my friend have received their visa at 23 month mark this month. You are not too far off and hopefully will receive before the end of this year.

2181 - 2200 of 2203 Posts