Australia Forum banner

421 - 440 of 2172 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey congratz Bookworm666, nice to see people are getting visa grants in this forum :D :)

Reactions: Bookworm666

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey congratz Bookworm666, nice to see people are getting visa grants in this forum :D :)
Hi everyone,,

Just a quick question, has anyone got C****** as their case officer- female?
Please let me know. Heard her applications are normally delayed. Please let me know the timelines if she is ur case officer

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow Bookworm666, that is the best timeline I've seen, in fact it gives me hope since my application is just around 1 month after yours. They called me for a face to face interview in this week. hopefully the grant won't take too long after that.
I wish you all the best in ausie :)
Thank you everyone. We're very happy that the visa was granted in this duration. It was not expected and was great news...

Hash, I'm sure you would be granted the visa in a similar time frame regardless of who the CO is.
You have nothing to worry if all documents have been submitted (including the original PCC, Medical and Biometrics) and enough proof of your relationship being genuine.
Good Luck and have hope always :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Hash,

Any updates about your interview or about your visa?
Our case officer requested couple of other documents recently including my (Sponsor) tax claims for the last three years. No idea why they asked that for. Anyway, we sent all the requested documents. Its now been nearly six months :confused:

Anyone here who lodged their visa in June 2015 and got their visa yet? or any updates?

Thank you all!!! All your comments here are a big help!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Hash,

Any updates about your interview or about your visa?
Our case officer requested couple of other documents recently including my (Sponsor) tax claims for the last three years. No idea why they asked that for. Anyway, we sent all the requested documents. Its now been nearly six months :confused:

Anyone here who lodged their visa in June 2015 and got their visa yet? or any updates?

Thank you all!!! All your comments here are a big help!!!
Hi Redbull,

I had 2 hr interview covering relationship and my old visa etc.. She said it will take another 10 months or so.. But doesnt seem to give anything away about the process. Lodged in end of may, since some people who lodged in march and april got their visas I hope it won't take that long..
Anyway keep us updated.. When did they request the documents?? It seems they check bunch of applications together.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Redbull,

I had 2 hr interview covering relationship and my old visa etc.. She said it will take another 10 months or so.. But doesnt seem to give anything away about the process. Lodged in end of may, since some people who lodged in march and april got their visas I hope it won't take that long..
Anyway keep us updated.. When did they request the documents?? It seems they check bunch of applications together.
Hi Hash,
Thankz for the update. Its really not fare to say even after the interview it will take another 10 months. Thats a load of rubbish in my view. Dont they have a service standard to meet. Which is 12 months in Sri Lanka. Even though thats a long period to wait, they are saying it will take more than that??:eek:

They actually requested the documents about two weeks ago. First the file was transferred to Sri Lanka. Then they asked my partner to give his bio-metrics. And then they sent an email requesting couple of documents and we submitted them all. Also they asked us to fill form 80. I don't know why our agent didn't submit this initially. The agent said, the case officer need to request this documents if not it is not important.

Also the case officer requested to send another police check from Sri Lanka. We have already submitted the police check earlier, and again they asked us to send one directly to them. So we did. But i think it will take abotu 2-3 weeks for that police check to arrive at the high commission by post.

Anyway, now we have submitted all the docs they have asked for in the email and im pretty sure we wont hear any thing from them until they receive the police check. What Im afraid is, that they will send us an email saying "the first stage is complete" and that we have to wait another 8-9 months for them to give us a decision.

They assured us that the File transfer from Singapore to Sri Lanka will not affect the processing time and that they will consider the initial lodged date which is 8th June. I really do hope they will process our visa, or at least give us an idea how long actually they gonna take to process the visa.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Hash,
Thankz for the update. Its really not fare to say even after the interview it will take another 10 months. Thats a load of rubbish in my view. Dont they have a service standard to meet. Which is 12 months in Sri Lanka. Even though thats a long period to wait, they are saying it will take more than that??:eek:

They actually requested the documents about two weeks ago. First the file was transferred to Sri Lanka. Then they asked my partner to give his bio-metrics. And then they sent an email requesting couple of documents and we submitted them all. Also they asked us to fill form 80. I don't know why our agent didn't submit this initially. The agent said, the case officer need to request this documents if not it is not important.

Also the case officer requested to send another police check from Sri Lanka. We have already submitted the police check earlier, and again they asked us to send one directly to them. So we did. But i think it will take abotu 2-3 weeks for that police check to arrive at the high commission by post.

Anyway, now we have submitted all the docs they have asked for in the email and im pretty sure we wont hear any thing from them until they receive the police check. What Im afraid is, that they will send us an email saying "the first stage is complete" and that we have to wait another 8-9 months for them to give us a decision.

They assured us that the File transfer from Singapore to Sri Lanka will not affect the processing time and that they will consider the initial lodged date which is 8th June. I really do hope they will process our visa, or at least give us an idea how long actually they gonna take to process the visa.
Hi there,

Don't worry the transferring won't affect ur file, they write the date of lodgement on the file and asses them accordingly. They emailed me on first week of nov. hope they will complete initial one soon, infact me too afraid that they will say another 8 months after that. But I hope They will get processed by march atleast.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi there,

Don't worry the transferring won't affect ur file, they write the date of lodgement on the file and asses them accordingly. They emailed me on first week of nov. hope they will complete initial one soon, infact me too afraid that they will say another 8 months after that. But I hope They will get processed by march atleast.
Hi Hash,
So you never yet received an email from them saying your initial assessment is complete?
Dont they ask people to come for an interview after the initial assessment is over?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Hash,
So you never yet received an email from them saying your initial assessment is complete?
Dont they ask people to come for an interview after the initial assessment is over?
No they normally do a telephone interview before granting the visa. My case is complex, may be the reason they did an interview in this stage

keep your fingers crossed they will get back to us once its complete :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi All,

You have to handover\post the original police report to the Australian high commission, addressed to your CO.If this is not done and we have uploaded a copy usually they will request to submit the original copy and we just have to do so.

Cheers!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi manidee

have you heard anything about the visas yet? co, interview or final stage?
Hi Hash!

We lodged our application on the 27th of July 2015 and only today received an email asking us to provide medical reports and police checks! :confused:

I haven't been on here in a while but its so good to see that so many people have been getting their visas granted!! :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hash & Aussie0083, is it just the three of us waiting??
Hi manidee,

thank you for the reply... Redbull is waiting too lodged on june 2015. hope
we will recieve initial assesment completed letter soon even though mine is complex.

keep us updated

·
Registered
13 Posts
Really worried!!!

Hi All,

I got a mail from Colombo High commission to submit some documents including Form 80 and tax notice for last 3 years.
But I have submitted all these requested documents with my initial application via VFS, even VFS verified my application.

I am really worried how these documents went missing in my file. I sent them a mail explaining the same, waiting for their reply. Hope reply is positive and I don't have to re-submit these documents again.

Anyone has similar experience in the past?

Cheers,
Nath

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi All,

I got a mail from Colombo High commission to submit some documents including Form 80 and tax notice for last 3 years.
But I have submitted all these requested documents with my initial application via VFS, even VFS verified my application.

I am really worried how these documents went missing in my file. I sent them a mail explaining the same, waiting for their reply. Hope reply is positive and I don't have to re-submit these documents again.

Anyone has similar experience in the past?

Cheers,

Nath
Hi Nath,
I am the sponsor for my partner. Yes. the high commission requested for my tax return documents for the last three years and also form 80.

We applied through an agent in Singapore, and they did not submit these documents until the request came through. The reason given to us by the agent does make sense. We should not submit any document, except the initial required documents, unless the case officer request them. More documents, more evidence means the case officer has to go through all of them and can drag the process.

So if you have given the documents to your agent, he/she must have done the same thing.

By the way, when did you lodge the visa?
Our case is bit complicated. We applied in 8th June 2015 in Singapore and now the file has been transferred to Colombo for further processing.

Cheers!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi All,

You have to handover\post the original police report to the Australian high commission, addressed to your CO.If this is not done and we have uploaded a copy usually they will request to submit the original copy and we just have to do so.

Cheers!
Thankz Dhanu.
We posted the original police check which we already have to the high commission. And then we applied for another one in case the case officer need an up to date one, and requested the police department to post it directly to the high commission.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello everyone let me share the good news that my visa is granted in just under 6 months. Had my interview 12th november in colombo. Recieved the grant today. If you applied june and july you can count on
Good luck

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello everyone let me share the good news that my visa is granted in just under 6 months. Had my interview 12th november in colombo. Recieved the grant today. If you applied june and july you can count on
Good luck
Congratulations Hash. So happy to hear that.
Please remind us your time line. when you lodged the visa and all if you can.
Thankz.
And congratz again!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hash,
Also I was wandering something you said. You never received any email saying that your initial assessment is complete and that it been sent to a senior case officer. right?

421 - 440 of 2172 Posts