Australia Forum banner

1721 - 1740 of 2172 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone, new to this but I’m Australian and my partner is Sri Lankan. We are looking doing the partner visa in the near future. He is currently working on a cruise ship here in Australia so we are able to see each other regularly, but his contract is up in July so he has to go home again but he was going to apply for a Visitor Visa to come back we were hoping for a 6 Month one to get us though Christmas, any tips for getting one as his contract will be up he won’t have a job and he has no assets. We were just going to put it down to holiday and traveling to see the country then going back to apply for another cruise contract (he won’t be able to get a letter from them to confirm that as he would need to apply when ready) his family are there so thought maybe writing a strong letter on how much he loves his family as a reason to go back home. Also does anyone know how long a visitor visa takes to process at the moment as I was going to go over for a holiday and then we could fly back together. And last one does anyone know if they put conditions on the Visitor Visa’s please? Thank you so much.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Could you also add ne to the spreadsheet pd86? My date of lodging the application is 05th November 2017
HI
I applied for my 309/100 spouse visa (dependent on the application ) on the 22nd Jan 2018 got an email requesting for medical after a week , already submitted, dont know how long will it take
waiting ........

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi everyone, new to this but I'm Australian and my partner is Sri Lankan. We are looking doing the partner visa in the near future. He is currently working on a cruise ship here in Australia so we are able to see each other regularly, but his contract is up in July so he has to go home again but he was going to apply for a Visitor Visa to come back we were hoping for a 6 Month one to get us though Christmas, any tips for getting one as his contract will be up he won't have a job and he has no assets. We were just going to put it down to holiday and traveling to see the country then going back to apply for another cruise contract (he won't be able to get a letter from them to confirm that as he would need to apply when ready) his family are there so thought maybe writing a strong letter on how much he loves his family as a reason to go back home. Also does anyone know how long a visitor visa takes to process at the moment as I was going to go over for a holiday and then we could fly back together. And last one does anyone know if they put conditions on the Visitor Visa's please? Thank you so much.
Hi,

It is absolutely necessary to prove that ur partner will be returning to SL & having no assets & no employment is a minus point in their eye. Your partner will have to provide evidence that he has an incentive to return to SL after his visit in order to grant it otherwise they can flatly refuse it. And asking for 6months might not be a good idea too given that he only has his family back in SL. Try a short period first but you will hvae to provide enough evidence in order to get it. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hang in there. Waiting sucks though.
it is sucks
I have to get a police Clarence from Dubai- got a letter from DIBP - I worked there for 1 year , I am currently in china its a nightmare to do things in china , had to get finger prints today then certify it from the foreign ministry then certify in from UAE embassy in china Then only I can apply online police report , Given time is 28 days only, hopefully I can do it with in that period,
One more thing I couldn't get a police Clarence report in China , I tried many ways , My Agent advised me to write a letter to explain why I couldn't get it, I have submitted a letter according to her instructions , But I am worried about it ,

·
Registered
76 Posts
it is sucks
I have to get a police Clarence from Dubai- got a letter from DIBP - I worked there for 1 year , I am currently in china its a nightmare to do things in china , had to get finger prints today then certify it from the foreign ministry then certify in from UAE embassy in china Then only I can apply online police report , Given time is 28 days only, hopefully I can do it with in that period,
One more thing I couldn't get a police Clarence report in China , I tried many ways , My Agent advised me to write a letter to explain why I couldn't get it, I have submitted a letter according to her instructions , But I am worried about it ,
Hi,

It is best to listen to ur agent as she knows what she is doing. Your application is getting processed from the high commission in SL? If so you ca email them and let ur CO know if you suspect a delay in getting the clearance coz then u are safe from the deadline. But wait and see what happens and if u get it before 28 days no issue. ☺

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sponsor name is disappeared from Applicants Name

Hi Guys,

When I checked the online immigration portal, sponsor name is removed from applicants. Is it normal or any good sign?

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello all, I am new to the forum.
I have applied for 309 visa from Bangladesh via immi account on 21/11/1017. I submitted all documents with pcc , medical and biometric, relationship evidence and education certificate.
On 13/03/2018, Colombo office asked me to submit SSC/HSC school certificate, although I have submitted my bachelors certificate. Anyway, after 4 months they have contacted, and now I have submitted those certificate. My question after “additional info asked”, how long they take to re-open the file?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hello all, I am new to the forum.
I have applied for 309 visa from Bangladesh via immi account on 21/11/1017. I submitted all documents with pcc , medical and biometric, relationship evidence and education certificate.
On 13/03/2018, Colombo office asked me to submit SSC/HSC school certificate, although I have submitted my bachelors certificate. Anyway, after 4 months they have contacted, and now I have submitted those certificate. My question after "additional info asked", how long they take to re-open the file?
Hi,

No idea about the time periods. It depends on individual applications.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, thank you for your response. I was hoping his impeccable past record might provide some evidence to them as he has worked all over the world including coming here 3 times for work and always returning home on time. But the no asserts does concern me but hopefully they will understand that with him working all over the world for the last 10 years shows that he is never home long enough to warrant any assets.

·
Registered
16 Posts
this can vary i believe and no one knows for sure. while some think the response to waiting for documents are viewed immediately when the CO starting going through the list others believe there is a cycle like every 3 weeks the responses are checked, but don't think this is really known.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi everyone, new to this but I'm Australian and my partner is Sri Lankan. We are looking doing the partner visa in the near future. He is currently working on a cruise ship here in Australia so we are able to see each other regularly, but his contract is up in July so he has to go home again but he was going to apply for a Visitor Visa to come back we were hoping for a 6 Month one to get us though Christmas, any tips for getting one as his contract will be up he won't have a job and he has no assets. We were just going to put it down to holiday and traveling to see the country then going back to apply for another cruise contract (he won't be able to get a letter from them to confirm that as he would need to apply when ready) his family are there so thought maybe writing a strong letter on how much he loves his family as a reason to go back home. Also does anyone know how long a visitor visa takes to process at the moment as I was going to go over for a holiday and then we could fly back together. And last one does anyone know if they put conditions on the Visitor Visa's please? Thank you so much.
Its important to have a reason to return, a letter talking about loved ones at home is good but try to find other commitments that require him to return.

Visitor visa processing typically takes 6 - 15 months.

Yes, there will be conditions, its quite common to find No Further Stay on the visa to prevent further visa applications while onshore.

Go for 3 months visitor, typically the max stay for an entry is 3 months but the visa is valid for one year, and you also get multiple entry. so may be he can do two trips.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What happened to srilankan ahc? No grant in recent times. This year will be tough for visa grant. Government is taking strict measures to grant less number of visa.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I went through some difficulties lately to get police Clarence reports I would like to share my experience with you.
I have been in china as a visitor few times and been working in china for 2 years also I worked in Dubai just one year - My agent asked me to provide police Clarence from each country -

Dubai - I got a police Clarence report online just took 2 days but the agent said its incorrect it should be UAE not Dubai police Clarence.
To get a UAE police Clarence I had to take finger prints from the Notary office then translate into Arabic then certified from the foreign ministry At last submit it with the other documents to the UAE embassy in shanghai China. IT COST ME 500AUD to do all these steps. And it will take 2 months or more to receive the UAE police Clarence report.

My Chinese police Clarence report doesn't cover the whole period in china , It covers only the working period , they don't issue police Clarence for visiting periods.then my agent asked me to write a statement with all the Chinese stamps on my passport and witness my signature on the statutory declaration form from the Australian consulate in Shanghai , Consulate has stooped doing this service for visa purposes then I had to go to a lawyer i spent 300 AUD for witness my signature,

I still don't have a case officer just a progressing officer .

1721 - 1740 of 2172 Posts