Australia Forum banner

1961 - 1980 of 2172 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Visa for Bangladeshis are processed in New Delhi.

In the link below, select bangladesh and then read the info. Also in that info click the link of New Delhi.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/contact-us/offices-and-locations/list
It appears that visa applications from Bangladesh are processed in Colombo and New Delhi. At least some forum members (from Bangladesh), have received communications from Colombo.
Check this:
https://bangladesh.embassy.gov.au/daca/10.html
Yes, you are right.
Also, it is interesting that a member received some initial communications from Colombo, then he received few communications from Delhi. The same member received communications from two locations.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Also, it is interesting that a member received some initial communications from Colombo, then he received few communications from Delhi. The same member received communications from two locations.
Ok. Interesting.... and strange.

·
Registered
215 Posts
RG123 said:
Hi have u had any udpated from the colombo ahc? Also when did u guys apply
DOL: March 2019. Haven't heard anything from Colombo AHC. Seems to be very quiet. No updates on this thread either.

Regards, SLB

·
Registered
215 Posts
RG123 said:
Great thanks.. also would you know if the visa would be an issue if the sponsor is a PR of Aus but not resided there for the past few years until recently?
As far as I know, that shouldn't be an issue. Have you heard anything from Colombo AHC?

Regards

·
Registered
19 Posts
As far as I know, that shouldn't be an issue. Have you heard anything from Colombo AHC?

Regards
Hi, does anyone know if there is restriction with regards to the sponsor residing offshore while the visa is being processed.

my understanding is that it is not considered an issue for the moment.

any views ?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hi, does anyone know if there is restriction with regards to the sponsor residing offshore while the visa is being processed.

my understanding is that it is not considered an issue for the moment.

any views ?
If the sponsor is a citizen of Australia, definitely no issue, if the sponsor resides offshore. Not sure if the sponsor is a resident. This could depend on the resident status of the sponsor.
Regards

·
Registered
215 Posts
RG123 said:
Hi.. as per the system whats the status of ur application?
Sorry for the lateness. I didn't see your PM.

Still in the initial assessment stage. How about yours?

·
Registered
215 Posts
RG123 said:
Currently further assessment
Any idea what that means
That means your application has reached another stage and can be assumed is processed more than ours. However, this depends on the CO as well. Some COs don't update. In some cases visa has been granted while status is "received".

Has anyone from AHC has contacted you for information?

·
Registered
66 Posts
No contact so far for info

RG123 said:
Any idea what that means
That means your application has reached another stage and can be assumed is processed more than ours. However, this depends on the CO as well. Some COs don't update. In some cases visa has been granted while status is "received".

·
Registered
45 Posts
RG123 said:
Any idea what that means

Hi SLB,

My husbands is also further assessment but we applied in June. Have you done medical and uploaded police clearance too? I thought it automatically moved to further assessment after my hubby did medical

@RG123 do you know whether your friend who received grant in March was in initial assessment or status changed to further assessment?

·
Registered
45 Posts

RG123 said:
Any idea what that means

Same here. Really hope they start granting soon. My agent said they have a Jan application still pending 😞 it's very unpredictable

·
Registered
86 Posts
Same here. Really hope they start granting soon. My agent said they have a Jan application still pending 😞 it's very unpredictable
Not specific to the Colombo center, but there are applications from August 2018 onwards still pending... On a more general note though, recently I've seen Dec 2018 and Jan 2019 applications being processed so the waiting times are very unpredictable..

·
Registered
66 Posts
Not too sure about their status..but they didnt get any notification and straight got the grant...

RG123 said:
Any idea what that means

Hi SLB,

My husbands is also further assessment but we applied in June. Have you done medical and uploaded police clearance too? I thought it automatically moved to further assessment after my hubby did medical

@RG123 do you know whether your friend who received grant in March was in initial assessment or status changed to further assessment?

·
Registered
66 Posts
True! Like a few people i know got it within 5 months but there are others waiting from dec 2018..so fingers crossed!

RG123 said:
Any idea what that means

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just got my tourist visa granted guys for one year:) they processed it in 9 days.. unfortunately the partner visa processing isnt as fast! Lol

·
Registered
215 Posts
Just got my tourist visa granted guys for one year:) they processed it in 9 days.. unfortunately the partner visa processing isnt as fast! Lol
Congratulations. Now you can be with your partner, hopefully, until partner visa is granted.

Could you please answer few question for the benefit of the others:
1. Which stream did you apply in visitor visa sub class 600? Tourist stream or sponsored family stream
2. What is the length of stay that you have requested in the visitor visa application?
3. What are the reasons for the visit that you have given? e.g. to travel and see the country, to be with partner, to visit other family and friends etc.
4. Is the visitor's visa for a single 12 months long stay or is it multiple entry for shorter durations within one year time period.
5. Is No Further Stay (condition 8503) given on the visa.

Thank you

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hi SLB,

Medical and PCC not done yet. Two reasons: Due to travel commitments it is hard to do the medical. There is a possibility that medical might expire if it takes a longer time to process. AHC hasn't requested those yet.
Regards

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thankyou SLBee!

So just to answer your questions:
1) Applied for the 600 subclass tourist stream. Applied by myself without an agent.
2) In the 1419 form I requested for 3 months but i got a letter from my employer requesting for 5 weeks of leave.
3) Reason was to simply spend time with my husband. We are also celebrating our 3 year wedding anni in Dec so mentioned that as well.
4) its a 1 year multiple entry visa
5) No, that condition was not given.

Hope this helps!

Just got my tourist visa granted guys for one year
they processed it in 9 days.. unfortunately the partner visa processing isnt as fast! Lol
Congratulations. Now you can be with your partner, hopefully, until partner visa is granted.

Could you please answer few question for the benefit of the others:
1. Which stream did you apply in visitor visa sub class 600? Tourist stream or sponsored family stream
2. What is the length of stay that you have requested in the visitor visa application?
3. What are the reasons for the visit that you have given? e.g. to travel and see the country, to be with partner, to visit other family and friends etc.
4. Is the visitor's visa for a single 12 months long stay or is it multiple entry for shorter durations within one year time period.
5. Is No Further Stay (condition 8503) given on the visa.

Thank you

1961 - 1980 of 2172 Posts