Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am a graduate Civil Engineer and currently working in Oman. Last year I got Australian Permanent Resident Visa, as a Skilled Migrant along with my wife and 3 kids. After getting visa, I came to Brisbane-Australia, alone and lived here for 2 months and then came back to Oman due to recession in Australian job market. My family did not enter in Australia so their visa is expired. Now I am planning to come back Brisbane-Australia permanently next month. The visa of my family has been expired (as they did not enter in Australia before the initial entry date on their visa). So, I need to sponsor my wife and kids under the Spouse Visa sub clause (309 & 100).
My wife has appointed me as her exempt agent (as per Form 956 of DIAC) for her visa application. After my arrival in Brisbane next month (September 2010), can I submit my application in Brisbane office for sponsoring my wife & kids under sub clause (309 & 100) or the application has to be submitted in overseas immigration branch, as my wife and kids are currently in their hometown, outside of Australia.
Approximately how long it will take to get visa for my wife and 3 kids.
Thanks
Jawad Baig

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I am a graduate Civil Engineer and currently working in Oman. Last year I got Australian Permanent Resident Visa, as a Skilled Migrant along with my wife and 3 kids. After getting visa, I came to Brisbane-Australia, alone and lived here for 2 months and then came back to Oman due to recession in Australian job market. My family did not enter in Australia so their visa is expired. Now I am planning to come back Brisbane-Australia permanently next month along with my family. The visa of my family has been expired (as they did not enter in Australia before the initial entry date on their visa). So, I need to sponsor my wife and kids under the Spouse Visa sub clause (309 & 100).
My wife and kids are currently in our hometown in Pakistan. She has appointed my as her exempt agent (as per Form 956 of DIAC) for her visa application. After my arrival in Brisbane next month (September 2010), can I submit my application in Brisbane office for sponsoring my wife & kids under sub clause (309 & 100) or the application has to be submitted in overseas immigration branch, as my wife and kids are currently in Pakistan.
Look forward to hearing for my enquiry.
Thanks
Jawad Baig
I think you'll find that the spouse application needs to be lodged abroad.
Partner Visa: Offshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 309 and 100)
You say
Now I am planning to come back Brisbane-Australia permanently next month along with my family.
and obviously they'll need a visa before making the trip.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.