Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I am really confused with my visa planning as I am an international student in Australia from India. But I wanna marry a girl from India who is also an international student in Australia. So the confusion is that if I marry her and wanna switch my visa to spouse visa from student visa. Is that Possible?
And If it is then how it's possible for me to hold two visas at one time.

If anyone can help me out that would be helpful
Thank you

·
Registered
391 Posts
If you apply for the spouse visa you will be required to abide by the conditions of your student visa until it ends (at which point you'll get a bridging visa) or you're granted the partner visa (currently taking around 1-2 years to process at this point).

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Sorry, I just want to clarify for the benefit of others who may be able to answer your question - you and your fiancee are both citizens of India, here on student visas, and you want to know what would happen if you were to marry her and apply to become a dependent on her student visa? Is that correct? What we call a "spouse visa" here is a visa where an Australian citizen sponsors a non-Australian partner, which doesn't sound like is the case for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.