Australia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found out that my Filipino wife was in a secret relationship. She moved out in July 2020 and said she had to "find herself" and was going to stay with her girlfriend. I found out that she actually moved in with her boyfriend after a short while.
She had received her Stage 2 permanent visa in June 2019.
In June this year I told Immigration of the change of circumstances and that she had started this friendship before the application for stage 2 had been filed. 2 days later her immigration status was changed to " Stage 2 Incomplete".
I imagine they are now investigating her ie. Fb accounts, messenger, phone messaging etc. which i believe can take months. She has left a trail which will show her guilt.
I was wondering if this is a common occurance to withdraw permanent residencybecause of breach of PIC 4020?
I have withdrawn my sponsorship and I imagine in time they will give her 28 days to leave.

·
Registered
62 Posts
So your wife was granted a permanent residency in 2019, but your relationship broke down a year later? Immigration doesn't care what you do after you get the permanent visa. I don't think there is anything you can do unless your relationship wasn't genuine in 2019 before the visa grant. Having friendships doesn't make your relationship not genuine. Also, once you withdraw the sponsorship, you won't be notified of the outcome

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When application is made for stage 2 she has to show commitment to the relationship to " the exclusion of all others" . As it now it has been shown that this was not the case they have swiftly taken away her permanent residency.
I have been told that Immigration have strong powers to access phone records, fb etc.
Multiple messages on a daily basis to a male friend is not just " friend only".

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would not ever trust Asian mail order brides again in my life I had a bad experience here in Australia what it told me once they get here through PR they move on away from you they will use any means to convince you as well

·
Registered
6,883 Posts
I would not ever trust Asian mail order brides again in my life I had a bad experience here in Australia what it told me once they get here through PR they move on away from you they will use any means to convince you as well
It can happen with many other nationalities, and many relationships with Asians end up as long term, even after getting PR or Citizenship.

Mail Order from anywhere is not a great option anyway.

You have to really get to know someone before being so committed to a relationship.

I am not disagreeing, as I am aware that it does happen, but there are also many such relationships where it does not go wrong.

Reactions: cel960
1 - 5 of 5 Posts