Australia Forum banner

Starting a new Partner Visa Application

1604 Views 13 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  ausdigitalmedia
Hi all.
My fiancee and I have been dating for over a year now. I live in Melbourne and she lives in Siem Reap, Cambodia. I have travelled there 3 times now in the last year and she has been to Australia, Melbourne) for 10 days during the 2017/2018 holiday period.

We now wish to apply for a Spousal Visa so she can move here and we can start a family. We want to get married. I figured we would kill 2 birds with one stone and apply for the "Prospective Marriage visa"

Honestly, all this is quite overwhelming for me so I'm hoping this forum can help me.

My first questions are..

1. Am I applying for the right visa type? If not which one should I apply for?
2. Should I use an immigration agent? Maybe one based in Cambodia so he/she can be of help to my fiancee who speaks limited English.
3. What paperwork should I start getting ready now whilst I am saving the last of the Visa application money?

Thank you :) Will.
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 14 Posts
I doubt you would be able to get a 309 or 820 Partner Visa with what you have posted. The PMV seems your only option in reality.

It is possible in many cases to do most partner visas (that includes PMV) as a DYI, but not advised if there are any "issues". You can use an RMA regardless and the prices vary lots - a full service will be from $3,000 to $5,500 or more GST maybe applicable.

There are also partial services some offer, and that can be a big saving.

Just keep in mind it is a long, expensive, intrusive process and requires much of your effort if you use a RMA or not.

These days I would not lodge a partner visa without at least using a review service of a RMA ant not all offer it, but for less than $600 in cases its dam good insurance on $7,000+ expenses.
1 - 1 of 14 Posts
Not open for further replies.