Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday Forum

My wife made application for Partner Visa 820 in May and we have been granted the Temporary Partner Visa in May 2017.

My wife is from Chile and has formed friendships with a number of other women living in Adelaide that are originally from Chile.

Two of these women are with Australian men and both are gathering the evidence required to make the same Partner Visa 820 application that my wife and I have made.

Both of these couples have asked me if I would provide a Form 888 Statutory Declaration for their applications.

I can imagine it would be natural that my wife has a circle of friends that would be in similar situations as we are, I am comfortable that their relationships are genuine and ongoing and I am happy to provide both Stat Dec's but the question is should I?

I am certainly not going to provide these if they jeapordise my wife's application in any way.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

AB

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
It is up to you really. I was asked by my friend for her husband and I said no as I saw it as a conflict of interest because my husband was going through the same process and I didn't want it to jeopordise his application.

·
Registered
391 Posts
my sister sponsored her partner in 2015 and I wrote her a stat Dec. then I sponsored my partner in 2016 and she wrote me a stat dec. i also got a stat dec from my sister in law (SIL) and brother in law (SIL). my SIL sponsored my BIL. all of us got the visas no problem. I'd say this sort of thing is a common occurance. the only requirement is that the form is completed by an Aus PR or citizen. if they wanted a higher threshold (i.e not people that had been sponsored) they'd say so. but in doing that they'd likely exclude a significant proportion of the Australian population! around half of Australia is born overseas or has at least 1 parent born overseas!!

edited you add I also got a star dec from a friend that sponsored her husband!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.