Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

My partner began living together in March 2012 (with his mother) and then in September 2012 I went to Australia and my partner met me there in October. Before arriving in Australia my partner moved into our new apartment and because I wasn't there a lot of our bills were registered only in his name and it was particularly hard to change it into both names later as we are not married. Most of the bills we have only managed to get written in both names as of April/may 2013. We have proof we both paid them through our joint account but the bills were in my partners name. Will this be a massive problem?

Also, did anyone send their bills etc in their original language without translating them? Is that acceptable? I've heard about some people just translating their lease, bank account contract and other official documents. It would obviously save us a lot of money.

Lastly, I understand as I will be applying 'offshore' our stat decks do not need to be less than 6 weeks old. The majority of our stat decks will be coming from family. We will include 2 from friends but they are not Australians. Is it bad when most of you statements are from family members?

Thanks so much for your help, this forum is a life saver!

Rhiannon

·
Registered
487 Posts
All I can say is that it shouldnt be a problem that they aren't in both names until later -- as long as you are showing you both paid them. If you are worried, add a note.

I would think that stat decs from non-family is good too. But I'd at least make sure that they werent all from the applicant's family. You are probably all right, but more is usually better.

I don't know much about translating for DIAC, as our evidence comes only from english-speaking countries... I would err on the side of caution and have the bills translated if it were me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.