Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
i had prepared stat decs for myself, my partner and asked friends and family to complete them in the standard commonwealth stat dec word document i found on the immigration website. But now i see there is a form 888 and also a specific partner stat dec.

Should my partner and i redo our stat decs in the format of the partner version, which is laid out with each category, financial, social commitment etc. and also have my friends and family redo theirs in the form of a 888 form?

Just a little confused with what format to present all of the declarations required.

Also, nothing has been submitted yet

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Hi there,
i had prepared stat decs for myself, my partner
What stat decs are you preparing for you and your partner?

But now i see there is a form 888
This form is for a supporting witness in relation to a Partner or Prospective Marriage visa application. I don't believe it's for you or your partner. My wife and I had our friends and family in Australia fill out the Commonwealth stat dec and then take a clear color scan of their passports and birth certificates to a JP to witness them as true copies. We made a PDF with the stat dec and scans of their documents and uploaded those as our supporting witness documents.

and also a specific partner stat dec.
Which partner stat dec are you referring to? The only statement we really completed was the history and development of our relationship. We each typed something up, printed, signed and scanned it. As far as the financial, social and other big ones, we typed up a brief statement outlining what evidence we were uploading, then signed those. It wasn't a statement so much as a table of contents.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
We've each written our own stat dec's. but i'm organising all the documents together. Sorry when i said "prepared", i mean i acquired the blank stat dec template and was wondering if i should of used a different form. eg the partner stat dec blank form.

So your supporting witnesses didn't actually complete the 888 form, but instead completed a commonwealth stat dec and had their pass port and birth certificate witnessed. is a birth certificate required to prove citizenship? is passport not enough. might be hard for my friends and family to obtain their original birth certificates.

the partner stat dec i mentioned is just a regular stat dec, laid out in a specific way.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this is an example of the partner stat dec. was just wondering if both of our stat decs need to be laid out as such.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, won't let me post the link yet.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
We've each written our own stat dec's. but i'm organising all the documents together. Sorry when i said "prepared", i mean i acquired the blank stat dec template and was wondering if i should of used a different form. eg the partner stat dec blank form.
In our case, we didn't actually use a stat dec template for our relationship history or our financial, social, nature of commitment or nature of household. We also didn't have those documents certified by a notary or JP. The only item we had that was witnessed was our common law union stat dec (we weren't married until after we submitted the visa) Like I said, we created a table of contents that outlined everything in the evidence group, a small statement that we each signed for what was in the evidence groups.

So your supporting witnesses didn't actually complete the 888 form, but instead completed a commonwealth stat dec and had their pass port and birth certificate witnessed. is a birth certificate required to prove citizenship? is passport not enough. might be hard for my friends and family to obtain their original birth certificates.

the partner stat dec i mentioned is just a regular stat dec, laid out in a specific way.
Yes. My mother in law completed a stat dec, scanned her passport, printed that scan and took both to a JP. My brother in law did his statement and made a copy of his birth certificate and took it to the JP as he did not have a passport.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
If you're on stage 1 of applying, then you don't need to do any official form for a stat dec as applicant or sponsor. The narrative boxes in the online form ask 5 questions. If you answer them in the form, then that is thr statement on the relationship. Those boxes are in both the applicant's app and the sponsor's so both people type in their own words from their perspective.

Alternatively, you can just type something up in word and upload it but make sure you answer those 5 relationship questions.

Your supporting witnesses should use Form 888s which do need to have the signatures witnessed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is Form 888 needed to be lodge as well just like relationship register? Or just a certified sign and ready to submit in immi acc for 820 application? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Is Form 888 needed to be lodge as well just like relationship register? Or just a certified sign and ready to submit in immi acc for 820 application? Thanks.
At least 2 stat decs from Australian citizens/permanent residents are compulsory for the partner visa.

·
Registered
10 Posts
At least 2 stat decs from Australian citizens/permanent residents are compulsory for the partner visa.
Yes I know. My question is, is it needed to be lodge as well like relationship register and wait for the certificate something like that. Or no need just a certified sign and ready to submit or attach in my immi account thanks.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Yes I know. My question is, is it needed to be lodge as well like relationship register and wait for the certificate something like that. Or no need just a certified sign and ready to submit or attach in my immi account thanks.
An Australian citizen or PR who can attest to the true and genuine nature of your relationship needs to fill it in, take that as well as something that proves their Australian citizenship or PR (passport, PR card etc) to be witnessed. They give those back to you, you scan them and upload them with all of your other evidence.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.