Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

My partner and I are very close to submitting our application for the Temporary 820 Partner Visa and I have a question regarding the Stat Decs for both applicant & sponsor.

Does the department require these Stat Decs to be uploaded at the submission of the first application? Or alternatively can they be uploaded later on?

I imagined they would be required as part of the application right from the beginning, but then after doing a little bit of research I came across some threads saying they are not required until second stage processing?

Any help on this greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Stat Decs from what I know are required at 801 stage. In the initial 820/801 application applicant/sponsor statements are the five long form questions about the nature of the relationship. They are filled out in the online application and no other stat decs are necessary (other than the Form 888 witness statements, which a RMA has corrected me previously are not mandatory but highly recommended).

·
Registered
814 Posts
We applied for and were granted 309/100 for my husband (he was granted 100 immediately after 309 due to length of our relationship). The 309/100 and 820/801 are identical except for one is offshore and the other is onshore. We did not provide stat decs (other than Form 888s from witnesses). As I already mentioned, his visa was granted. Based on our experience applicant and sponsor stat decs are not a requirement at the initial application stage. They are required to be submitted at second stage as one of the supporting documents to attest the relationship is continuing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.