Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, so my partner and I have all of our evidence we feel is ready to submit for our partner visa with the exception of the stat decs.

They are being written and certified within the next two weeks so here is my question: should I wait to submit the application until I can submit the stat decs or can I submit my application and in a few days when I get them back certified and done, attach them to the application? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Are these the form 888s or your personal statements on your relationship?

If personal statement, they do not need to be certified. In fact, if you answer the narrative questions in the boxes within the online application, you don't need to supply extra statements as that is your statement.

If you're referring to the F888s, then the choice is up to you to wait or not. Personally, I've found that people tend to take quite a while getting around to actually doing them, getting the signature notarized, and getting them back with a copy of their passport.

If it were me, I would personally wait until I had those in hand before applying. I wouldn't want to apply without having all of the required documents.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah sorry the 888’s. I know that they will be done the next time I see the partners family (at most two weeks) so yeah. I guess it wouldn’t hurt to wait and just have them in hand.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Some of ours blew to maybe 3 months, a few needed corrections and re witnessed.

Make sure you carefully read them, and best if it is before they are witnessed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.