Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just looking for some opinions or previous experiences on presenting statements/cover letters:

*I have wrote one big statement which covers all aspects of my application.

My question is:
For our Joint bank account monthly statements I have a lot of explaining to do in regards to transfers,rent etc etc - Should I include this explaining IN my original statement under the 'Financial Aspects' heading OR would I be best to write a separate cover letter and attach it to my actual bank statements PDF?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi guys, just looking for some opinions or previous experiences on presenting statements/cover letters:

My question is:
For our Joint bank account monthly statements I have a lot of explaining to do in regards to transfers,rent etc etc - Should I include this explaining IN my original statement under the 'Financial Aspects' heading OR would I be best to write a separate cover letter and attach it to my actual bank statements PDF?
Hi there, I believe different situations would call for different strategies but if it helps you for our application we have a separate joint cover for our bank statements.

We gave a summary of how long the joint account has been operated and since when and what are they used for. We also include a table to show references to our personal bank account numbers/debit card numbers (last 4 digits) so any highlighted portions illustrate clear who transferring/paying what.

In our actual bank statements, we highlighted the transactions in 4 different colours to denote financial aspects (joint rent), nature of household (groceries shopping), social aspects (eating out, Uber) and nature of commitment (big ticket items) to each other to help CO read the statements better.

I hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts

My question is:
I was wondering the same thing about ours. It's one area I'm actually stuck on at the moment. Basically, our joint account is used for paying our rent and online purchases. We each have our own bank accounts that we use for day to day items.

What we did was create a table of contents, the page after the TOC we have a statement that says the purpose of our joint account, what purchases we've made with said joint account and receipts that go along with it.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
This seems a little too detailed to me... Is this really required?
We just sent our joint bank info. The end.
We have been together for almost 15 years so maybe I am struggling with the idea that they would or could refuse us? We filed a 309/100 though.
We didn't explain the joint accounts either just sent them and that was it. They are comcerned you have joined your finances and a joint account shows that.

My husband's PR was approved no questions asked so obviously was ok.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I didn't make a table or highlighted anything. I definitely didn't make cover letters. I just combined like documents and uploaded. I had maybe 20/30ish uploads total.

I sent a statement of our main joint account which I happen to use as my personal account and called it a day.

However in the 5 question about how we split finances etc I put some details on which accounts are in which names and uploaded them. Example electricity, internet and phones are in my name and rent is paid out of his personal account.

801 has like 15 so far lol. I will be adding an updated joint account, maybe some bills and a rent lease.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.