Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am not sure if this has been answered earlier but I couldn't come across anything for this.
I am legally married but separated (not legally) and intend to get a divorce. As per DIAC I need to fill a statutory declaration form but is anyone aware of the form number? Is it 888 as that happens to be a partner visa application supporting by a witness and I dont think this is the correct form. So is there any other form for this?

Thank you.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hey guys,

I am not sure if this has been answered earlier but I couldn't come across anything for this.
I am legally married but separated (not legally) and intend to get a divorce. As per DIAC I need to fill a statutory declaration form but is anyone aware of the form number? Is it 888 as that happens to be a partner visa application supporting by a witness and I dont think this is the correct form. So is there any other form for this?

Thank you.
I think you'll find the 888 is a statutoty declaration form and you'll also find reference to alternately using statutory declaration forms that can be obtained elsewhere.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey guys,

Thank you.
It says in the Booklet that you can use Form 888 as a template for a Stat Dec. If you are living in a country that does not use Stat. Decs (my case in the USA) - then you can have a document notarized..an example=
this is the form i used for certification of photocopies

For attestation of a copy of a document:

State of ............
County of ..........

On this _______ day of ______________ (month and year), I certify that this document is a true, exact, complete, and unaltered photocopy from the original document of...........................

Notary Seal (Signature of Notary)---------------------------------
(Name of Notary Typed, Stamped or Printed)
Notary Public, State of ___________ My commission expires ______________

or

For witnessing or attesting a signature:

STATE OF .............

COUNTY OF _______________

Signed or attested before me on _____________________________ (date) by ________________________________________________ (name(s) of person(s))

NOTARY PUBLIC

(SEAL) Title (and Rank): _______________

Print Name: ___________________

My Commission Expires:

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks alot Chrissie and Wanderer. This has been really very helpful. Thanks once again.

It says in the Booklet that you can use Form 888 as a template for a Stat Dec. If you are living in a country that does not use Stat. Decs (my case in the USA) - then you can have a document notarized..an example=
this is the form i used for certification of photocopies

For attestation of a copy of a document:

State of ............
County of ..........

On this _______ day of ______________ (month and year), I certify that this document is a true, exact, complete, and unaltered photocopy from the original document of...........................

Notary Seal (Signature of Notary)---------------------------------
(Name of Notary Typed, Stamped or Printed)
Notary Public, State of ___________ My commission expires ______________

or

For witnessing or attesting a signature:

STATE OF .............

COUNTY OF _______________

Signed or attested before me on _____________________________ (date) by ________________________________________________ (name(s) of person(s))

NOTARY PUBLIC

(SEAL) Title (and Rank): _______________

Print Name: ___________________

My Commission Expires:

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.