Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone , I'm a newbie here..

I'm in the process of gathering all the supporting evidence for our 309 offshore spouse visa. We will apply online from Italy. I have organised two form888 being filled out by my mum ( aus resident ) and my friend ( aus citizen ).
I want to ask some of our friends in Italy to write about us , that we are a genuine married couple. My question is : what is the equivalent of statutory declaration in Italy ? As I understand I cannot print out the immi websites given statutory declaration template and give it to our friends in Italy as it is valid only when signed and witnessed in Australia..
Has anyone been through this? please help!!
Can our Italian friends just write their words on blank paper, sign and date? Or do they need to be witnessed also? and if so by whom? And do we need to provide certified copies of their passports too?

:confused::confused::confused: anyone can clarify this for us???
Thank you in advance already :)

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Each embassy has their own requirements I believe.

For us they provided a statement written on plain paper, signed and dated and a photocopy of their ID. We were specifically told there was no need to get the statement witnessed for non-Australians.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I believe in Italy it's a notary that you need. This is what's required in the UK but we didn't get it done and had our application approved. Not suggesting that's what you do - we had more than the 2 form 888's so they might have got the jist of things anyway

Reactions: shmushma

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow you guys are champions... partner visa in 5 months!!! Do u think Engaus, if we had only 2 form888 and no other statements from friends .. would that look suspicious? I just dont want to hassle people here in Italy too much asking them passports plus notary in Italy is over-the-top expensive. ( like dentists in aus :) .. we do have solid proof of our commitment to each other - loads of money spent on expensive travels and medical treatments to try to conceive a baby... so do you think just two stat dec ( one my mum and one my best friend both in AUS ) would suffice ?

netti

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
They only request two form 888's, but these statements and stat decs are great evidence so id always suggest getting as many as you can. But so long as you meet all other requirements you shouldn't have an issue. If your low on evidence in some categories more form 888's are always a good way to increase your evidence :)

A notary is expensive, I think in the UK it was like £10 a document. Certainly expensive when in Australia it's free for a stat dec to be signed!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.