Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello
I have a question. I tried to find it on google and Ive sent an email to Imigration.. even though I got reply from them I still dont know the answear.

I got the eVistior visa since June 2015 and the visa will expire June 2016. Ive been in Australia twice. I came in July and stay there for 6 months total (2 visits, each one was 3 months). Im planning to go to Australia in end of April or May. So my question is can I stay in Australia for 3 months? If Im gonna arrive for example April 30th 2016 and stay there for 3 months so it would be till July 30th. So technicly my visa will be expired by then..since it expires in June.

I wanna make one last trip since my visa will expire soon. I wanna visit my boyfriend and some of my friends. Right now Im back in Poland. I am definetly not working there and I do not plan on having a work since I know it is illegal. After the first 3 months, my bf and I we went to Singapore for a 3 weeks holiday and after we got back, lady officer on the airport was asking my lots of questions and she was asking me if I work there and if I know it is illegal.. I said I know it and I do not work.

The reply from Imigration didnt say antyhing I wouldnt know ( it basicly said what I can read on eVisitor page and on my grant letter i.e.:
"(...) eVisitor allows you to travel to and from Australia any number of times over the next 12months. On each visit to Australia you can stay for a maximum of 3 months...(...) you must not enter Australia after the date your authority to enter Australia ceases...(...) eVisitor (subclass 651) visa is designed for those intending a genuine temporary stayin Australia for tourism, NOT for people intending to work in Australia or to facilitate entry toAustralia to await the decision on another visa and or maintain residence (...)"

So do you think I should go on my current eVisitor or should I apply for a new visa? And if I would apply for a new eVisitor visa I can get denied since Ive been already twice in Australia and my visa is stil vaild?

I would love to hear from you guys :)

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
The 3 months is from entry. So you could arrive the day before your visa expires and stay for 3 months. The expiry date is just the last day to arrive in Australia. You will be fine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So you are saying that one is allowed to enter Australia on (let's say) 23rd of April and stay up to 3 months even if EVisitor expires on 23th of April?

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Yes you can. The expiry date is the last day to enter Australia. However I would not leave it until the last day as flights can be delayed or cancelled.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello :)
My plans have changed and I might not come before my visa expires. Can I apply for a new eVisitor visa like right now (before my current expires wich is in June 2016)? And how this works? The new one would cancel my current one? For example I would apply for new evisitor today March 16th and Ill get it the same day and my visa is still valid. So the new one cancel the one I have? Or it will start when this one expires?
Also is it a big problem to get 2nd eVisitor visa? Do they want any documents i.e.bank statments or job contract? Or is it always automaticly given?

Cheers and thank you im advance :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
hello im asking for advice

ive applied for the new evisitor and i got it without any problems.. im unemployed since recently and im planing to visit my friends and my bf in australia in may or in june. im gonna have ticket back home and i would love to stay in aus for 3 months. im wondering if its really big deal that i dont have job? im gonna have some money with me but my bf has offered to pay for my stay and all food (since im gonna stay with him). i want to visit his auntie in tasmania (shes learing polish ) but i dont want to book ticket just yet since i dont know if they gonna let me in.. i was twice in australia and i got back home in january 2016 after being almost 6 months.. after 1st 3month we went to singapore and when we got back to aus they asked me and the bf questions..and the officer suggested we should apply for partner visa onshore.. but the thing is i am not ready for this yet..i dont really know if i want to leave my family, friends and country and move across the world to be my bf ( i dont think we even meet requiermants for the visa since we didnt even checked )

do you think they will let me in?

please help

edit.:

my reasons to spend time in Australia:
- visit friends and bf
- my friend has her big birthday bash in June ( 50th bday party, shes sending invites and i got one thru facebook as well)
- my bf birthday in July
- i wanna see Sydney, Melbourne and my bf's auntie in Tasmania (in this almost 6 months in Australia I was sick like 5 or 6 times where I was at the doctors so I wasnt feeling too good to travel)

reasons to leave after 3 months:
-like i said im gonna have ticket to aus and back home to poland,
-i wanna go back to poland since my dads 55th bday is in august,
-my grandmas sick
-i wanna find a job here in poland
- ALL of my family is in poland

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello, when you applied for your second EVisitor were there any restriction imposed like an 8503?
Hi there,
Nope I didnt have any restriction imposed besides the standard ones which is no work and no study (or up to 3 months study)

I was bit scared about the no futher stay cause I thought it would be imposed since I applied fir the 2nd eVisitor when my 1st one was still valid. I dont even know how they choose people to put the 8503 condition to their passport

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.