Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I submitted my application for the Student Visa (500) today while on shore and received an email from immi acknowledging my application but I did not receive an email for a bridging grant yet. I called home affairs and they walked me through applying for a bridging visa via my submitted application but I'm still waiting and my visa expires in 2 days :S (of course silly me for leaving it until the last minute...). I have a couple friends that, like me, applied for the same visa after a working holiday and got the bridging granted right away. I know usually it takes effect once the previous visa expires but nowhere, even on the immi account, can I see that I received a bridging.

Some additional information to add:
- I've enrolled in school but still waiting on CoE to provide with application but supplied my signed letter of offer as evidence for now.
- They require me to get a health exam done which Ive booked onshore but it's after my visa expires :( don't know if I need to do that to get bridging visa??
- when I received my cover letter from immi acknowledging my application submission, I noticed on the bottom is said I was citizen of England??? (I'm a citizen of Canada, and UK/England I put into the application as my 'other citizenships/passports')

Trying not to panic since I've done everything I could now until tomorrow, but just wondering if anyone knows anything similar happening to others.

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.