Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'd like to clarify that my partner is not going to have her visa 300 canceled as our wedding day is fast approaching and we still haven't been granted the prospective marriage visa. On our application we made the wedding date 12 months in advance of our submitting the from, thinking this should be enough time. We have put a specific date on the application which is still the day we want to marry. My partner is worried as she has read on the internet that if one gets married the immigration department can throw out the application and make you re-submit, at $7000 a go I really don't want this to happen. I'm of the understanding we can change the visa 300 to a partner visa once we are married, I'd love it if some one could clarify this for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jeremy,
Thanks for the advice. Definitely not what I want to do, but looks like what I need to do.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
841 Posts
if it will cost to move the wedding date and for guests and what not you can still go ahead and do the ceremony just not the paperwork and official side and after the pmv just do it then.
I know not ideal but potentially better than rescheduling everything

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
If you got married and changed the application from a 300 to 309 you then have more requirements you need to meet compared to the 300 ie. financial commitment, household etc.

It is better to change the wedding date as the 300 has less requirements you need to meet.

Which country did she apply from? Some countries are waiting 16 or even 18 months for a 300 approval.

·
Registered
413 Posts
We had set a date 12 months out from date of application but had to reschedule as visa wasn't going to be granted in time.

We hadn't made arrangements as were only going to get married at home with immediate family. (Had better things to spend the money on)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.