Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

My case is rather a frustrating one.

I lodged my application as "Class VE, subclass 175 Skilled - Independent" on April 2009. After few weeks, a new priority system was introduced and my case went to priority 5, then I had to wait for a really long time.

However, in March 2014 I got contacted by the immigration department (Team8 & Team13) requesting for more information (forms 80, 1221, medical checks, police clearance, reference letters, etc.). I provided all the papers/information before end of March 2014, and then I had to wait, again.

I kept communicating with the immigration department in regular basis, the answer was always to wait for the external check to be completed.

In March 2015 the immigration department contacted me informing me that the medical results validity has been extended for 6 more months, and I had to wait.

In June, 2015, I got the request again from the immigration department (Team8) requesting for more information about my and my spouse, the secondary applicant including forms 80 and 1221, and police clearance.. I provided all in two weeks.

At the beginning of July 2015 I got another request from the "Skilled Support" in requesting for some more information about the secondary applicant education and work experience. All was provided in 3 days.

I contacted the department today for checking the status of my application, and the rely was "You Have to Wait".

Really not sure what is going on or how many more months or years do I have to wait?

Any suggestions?

Regards and Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Unfortunately all you can do is wait. It seems like all the recent activity is due to security checks.

When you say you gave the form 80 for your spouse in June 2015 had you not provided one for your spouse already?

We recently had one applicant originally from Syria and he had to wait 16 months for his security checks to come back.

Hopefully it isn't too much longer for you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply, Mish,

In fact, I had to submit an updated forms (80 & 1221) in June 2015 for me and my spouse as well along with new police clearance certificates....

Regards

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see,

Thanks Jeremy Hooper, I always hope for the best, but it has been a really long, long, long journey, and I'm not when is it going to be over....

SK

Yes, the Form 80 has ballooned from 4 pages to 19 pages, and all people who applied some time ago have to resubmit. I image security checks from Syria can take a long time. Be patient and hope for the best.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also applied in Feb 2009 for Skilled Independent 175 visa and had to wait for a very long time due to the new priority system. I was asked to do the medical and provide police certificates in June 2014 and I have only just received the visa grant email at the beginning of this month.

I am not from Syria though but all these requests for new information suggest things are moving along, so hang in there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also applied in Feb 2009 for Skilled Independent 175 visa and had to wait for a very long time due to the new priority system. I was asked to do the medical and provide police certificates in June 2014 and I have only just received the visa grant email at the beginning of this month.

I am not from Syria though but all these requests for new information suggest things are moving along, so hang in there.
WoW,

So there is hope :)

It is really frustrating state, initially I was planning to move to Australia in 2012, now, my plans are 2020 :)

Anyway, thanks for the good words, and best of luck.

When are you planning to move?

SK

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes I understand that it can be frustrating. The best way to deal with it is to forget about it. It will happen when it is supposed to happen, worrying about it does not help :)

I am traveling soon to make my first entry. The permanent move, however, will take some time as I have to take care of few things here :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LoL, I agree with you, the best way is to forger about it, it has been really a very long journey till now.

Anyway, all the best with your trip. Where are you planning to go in Australia?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.