Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone! I just want to ask and know a little more about applying for my wife and daughter to be here with me in Australia.

I KNOW all about the documents I need to provide like:

1.) Form 919
2.) All the needed documents

I KNOW all the documents my dependents in the Philippines needed to submit like:

1.) Form 157A
2.) all the documents needed for a student visa

NOW my questions are:

1.) I am in a full 2 year course and will end in 2015 - should I wait for my course to end and include them on my graduate visa application?
2.) If we proceed with the dependent application, should my wife needs to be enrolled in a school as well?
3.) Are there in more options to go with in order for me family to come here in Australia?

NOTE: I have 2 brothers in here that are Australian Citizens already, I thought they could be in the mix as well.

Cheers, Thanks!

Aloid

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Hi Everyone! I just want to ask and know a little more about applying for my wife and daughter to be here with me in Australia.

I KNOW all about the documents I need to provide like:

1.) Form 919
2.) All the needed documents

I KNOW all the documents my dependents in the Philippines needed to submit like:

1.) Form 157A
2.) all the documents needed for a student visa

NOW my questions are:

1.) I am in a full 2 year course and will end in 2015 - should I wait for my course to end and include them on my graduate visa application?
2.) If we proceed with the dependent application, should my wife needs to be enrolled in a school as well?
3.) Are there in more options to go with in order for me family to come here in Australia?

NOTE: I have 2 brothers in here that are Australian Citizens already, I thought they could be in the mix as well.

Cheers, Thanks!

Aloid
There is no need to wait, you can apply for them now. As they are family members their visas will be tied to yours and will have the same expiry date.

Your wife does not have to be enrolled in a course for her to get a dependent visa. She will be subject to Condition 8014 meaning that she will be able to work 40 hours per fortnight.

It is best that they come as dependents on your student visa, unless she would be eligible to apply for a skilled visa in her own right.

Your two brothers could only help you apply for a skilled visa once you complete you education in Australia if they live in a "desigated" area, and you have an occupation that is on the Skilled Occupations List.

Regards

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
There is no need to wait, you can apply for them now. As they are family members their visas will be tied to yours and will have the same expiry date.

Your wife does not have to be enrolled in a course for her to get a dependent visa. She will be subject to Condition 8014 meaning that she will be able to work 40 hours per fortnight.

It is best that they come as dependents on your student visa, unless she would be eligible to apply for a skilled visa in her own right.

Your two brothers could only help you apply for a skilled visa once you complete you education in Australia if they live in a "desigated" area, and you have an occupation that is on the Skilled Occupations List.

Regards
Hi Jeremy!

Thanks for the reply, I sent you a PM on Skype. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.