Australia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I was granted student visa in June 2021, I moved to wollongong in Jan 2022. At the time of Visa Application I was single, but recently I got married and I want to bring my wife to wollongong from India. I submitted 1022 notification of change in circumstances to immigration office. Can anyone help me on how to proceed further and apply for the subsequent entry visa. Is it must to re apply my student visa or do I apply only subsequent entrant visa 500.

· Registered
22 Posts
To be eligible for spouse migration, you must have an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or New Zealand citizen sponsor willing to financially support your spouse and/or children before becoming citizens.

· Registered
7,371 Posts
To be eligible for spouse migration, you must have an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or New Zealand citizen sponsor willing to financially support your spouse and/or children before becoming citizens.
A student visa holder can apply to have their partner also come to Australia temporarily, on a visa linked to their student visa.
They do not get permanent visas, and they do not become eligible for Citizenship either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts