Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am currently studying master's in Melbourne(since Nov 2017). I have a one year kid who is with my husband and in laws in India. Now, the kid is not at all adjusting there is constantly crying for me. I wish to apply for dependent visa for my kid and husband. How much time is would take to process.? And will this thing matters that the kid ia too small.? There is no funding issue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi. I am currently studying master's in Melbourne(since Nov 2017). I have a one year kid who is with my husband and in laws in India. Now, the kid is not at all adjusting there is constantly crying for me. I wish to apply for dependent visa for my kid and husband. How much time is would take to process.? And will this thing matters that the kid ia too small.? There is no funding issue.
If you have declared your family members in ur main student application then it should not be an issue. The process takes around 3 to 4 months from the submission date. And kid being small is not problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. yes, they are declared in the application. Will they take any fast decision considering the kid to be too small.?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you. yes, they are declared in the application. Will they take any fast decision considering the kid to be too small.?
I don't think the process will be faster for the kid , unless u provide strong evidence to why it should be . To my thinking they don't process the application based on applicant type, they follow in order to date of file submission. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Priority processing is very hard to gain. Compassionate and compelling circumstances.

Based on what you have said above you wouldn't get it.
If I just process the normal way and not on priority bases, Are there any chances of rejection?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi i am new in this forum i also applied dependent visa on 23 may 2018 and on 17 august medical requested by department and mddical done on 20 august and clearance provided no action required and now my status changed from initial to further assessment from 22 august . And processing time shows 17-32 days from 15-37 days .i want to know how much time to make a decision

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.