Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already used up my WHV of 1 year and did not qualify for a 2nd year.

I plan to go home for a few months and research courses to study in AUS. I have a bachelors but there are a few 2 year diplomas that would nicely supplement my skillset. I want to continue accruing experience while I study, but I'm not sure how much I can do with the work restrictions.

2 questions:

Do internships count under the 40hr/fortnight work restrictions if they are unpaid?
If I freelance remotely for a company in my home country, would that count toward the restriction if it' s not an Aussie company?

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
If internships are part of your course then they don't count towards the 40 hours per fortnight. If you work from home for company in your home country, you then have to show that you are working at least 20 hours per week to have it recognised as skilled work experience.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"If you work from home for company in your home country, you then have to show that you are working at least 20 hours per week to have it recognised as skilled work experience."

So just to make sure I understand, I would not be able to to work a casual hospo job at 40 hrs/ftnt plus work from home remotely, even if the employer is not Australian. It would be a breach of the working hours rule. Correct?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.