Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have applied for student visa for commercial cookery course from onshore.
the document checklist tool on immi website didn't list any financial capacity evidiance requirement so i didn't submit any. Can someone please advise if i missed anything? should i wait for case officer to ask for such documents or go ahead and submit anyway?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Mate,

Thanks for your response. i did check this link and it didn't list any financial evidence requirement for my course. But then it dind't list this requirement for any of the few random course that i checked.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello Mate,

Thanks for your response. i did check this link and it didn't list any financial evidence requirement for my course. But then it dind't list this requirement for any of the few random course that i checked.
Recently it bugs me a lot when I am seeing a different picture from others regarding the exact same reading material.

Anyway, from my perspective, I do see a "financial capacity evidence" listed on the website mentioned above. (Anything wrong with my PC?)

But...I think you should upload one anyway. It doesn't hurt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks mate for your response.

Actuality my brother is my sponsor. he might not have large amount in bank but has steady job through which he can sponsor my study. Given this circumstances, i had prefer not to provide any document unless being asked to.
So i want to make sure that for my course this evidence are required or not?

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
Thanks mate for your response.

Actuality my brother is my sponsor. he might not have large amount in bank but has steady job through which he can sponsor my study. Given this circumstances, i had prefer not to provide any document unless being asked to.
So i want to make sure that for my course this evidence are required or not?
Applicants cannot be 'sponsored' for a student visa; scholarship holders excepted.. They can be financially assisted from an acceptable source.

Whether evidence of financial capacity will be called for depends on the visa applicant's nationality and the course to be undertaken.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My general rule of thumb is to submit whatever I think would help the process go faster and smoothly, but given your circumstances, it might give you a disadvantage if you show an amount of fund that's not enough to cover school fees.

For me though, it was actually the school that asked for proof of fund and the school will not accept a person unless they have enough to pay for the chosen course. My ImmiAccount only asked for a CoE.

I hope that helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.