Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there. I applied for my student visa on 17th janury, 2018. I applied really late because I was not initially planning on going to Australia in the first place. I got a scholarship after I couldn’t refuse and so, decided on Australia. However, It’s been 6 weeks now and I haven’t gotten any word at all from immigration. My orientation began on 26/2 and my classes are commencing 12/3. That’s in 10 freaking days! I lodged my application in Malaysia, and even though I am Pakistani by passport I have lived in Malaysia all my life and gone back only a few times and never since 2007. I rejected my other offers and if my visa doesn’t come, I’ll lose my scholarship and I’ll have to wait all over again. I haven’t studied for 8 months because I was on a gap, and I can’t wait another 6-7 months to start studying again if my visa gets rejected/delayed past the start of my course. Please help! Is this normal? My sister is studying in Australia too and she got her visa in 36 days.

Tl;dr: Pakistani-Malaysian launched application on 17/1. 42 days passed, no reply. Biometrics done, medical check up clean. Classes on 12/3, orientation passed. Helpp

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey there. I applied for my student visa on 17th janury, 2018. I applied really late because I was not initially planning on going to Australia in the first place. I got a scholarship after I couldn't refuse and so, decided on Australia. However, It's been 6 weeks now and I haven't gotten any word at all from immigration. My orientation began on 26/2 and my classes are commencing 12/3. That's in 10 freaking days! I lodged my application in Malaysia, and even though I am Pakistani by passport I have lived in Malaysia all my life and gone back only a few times and never since 2007. I rejected my other offers and if my visa doesn't come, I'll lose my scholarship and I'll have to wait all over again. I haven't studied for 8 months because I was on a gap, and I can't wait another 6-7 months to start studying again if my visa gets rejected/delayed past the start of my course. Please help! Is this normal? My sister is studying in Australia too and she got her visa in 36 days.

Tl;dr: Pakistani-Malaysian launched application on 17/1. 42 days passed, no reply. Biometrics done, medical check up clean. Classes on 12/3, orientation passed. Helpp
Have you got your visa?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey there. I applied for my student visa on 17th janury, 2018. I applied really late because I was not initially planning on going to Australia in the first place. I got a scholarship after I couldn't refuse and so, decided on Australia. However, It's been 6 weeks now and I haven't gotten any word at all from immigration. My orientation began on 26/2 and my classes are commencing 12/3. That's in 10 freaking days! I lodged my application in Malaysia, and even though I am Pakistani by passport I have lived in Malaysia all my life and gone back only a few times and never since 2007. I rejected my other offers and if my visa doesn't come, I'll lose my scholarship and I'll have to wait all over again. I haven't studied for 8 months because I was on a gap, and I can't wait another 6-7 months to start studying again if my visa gets rejected/delayed past the start of my course. Please help! Is this normal? My sister is studying in Australia too and she got her visa in 36 days.

any luck? have u received the visa?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.