Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had applied for student visa for PhD on 5th August,2017. After a week I was requested to send form 80 and 1221, which I had successfully uploaded in next couple of days. It has been more than 6 months now, still I haven't heard anything from the high commission.

·
Registered
14 Posts
student visa

Hello Rid,
I think you should get in touch with whichever office is handling your visa application. They'll respond faster to emails than calls. You can find information on any of the Australian High Commission websites, depending on where yours is being processed.
Mine is being processed in South Africa, so i got contacts from the Australian High Commission in Pretoria.

Hope your visa arrives soon.
Taasi

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had applied for student visa for PhD on 5th August,2017. After a week I was requested to send form 80 and 1221, which I had successfully uploaded in next couple of days. It has been more than 6 months now, still I haven't heard anything from the high commission.
HI, I have applied on 10th august and am still waiting for a decision. Please do let know if you have any updates.
Regards

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HI, I have applied on 10th august and am still waiting for a decision. Please do let know if you have any updates.
Regards
where did you apply from?? Did you apply for a PhD? and were you requested for form 80 and 1221?

·
Registered
5 Posts
where did you apply from?? Did you apply for a PhD? and were you requested for form 80 and 1221?
Yes, its for a PhD. I applied online from Visakhapatnam through an agent (IDP). I initially applied on 10th Aug and later submitted additional forms 80 and 1221 about a week later. There has been no update since.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, its for a PhD. I applied online from Visakhapatnam through an agent (IDP). I initially applied on 10th Aug and later submitted additional forms 80 and 1221 about a week later. There has been no update since.
Hey R_5151, Did you get any further update on your status?

·
Registered
5 Posts
There has been minor changes in my Applications home page, the status has changed from "Under progress" to "Further assessment". And the last updated date has changed from Aug to Nov. Although, am not sure whether they are any significant updates.

What about you ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There has been minor changes in my Applications home page, the status has changed from "Under progress" to "Further assessment". And the last updated date has changed from Aug to Nov. Although, am not sure whether they are any significant updates.

What about you ?
yeah, same in my case also!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
"Hello Rid, I think you should get in touch with whichever office is handling your visa application. They'll respond faster to emails than calls. You can find information on any of the Australian High Commission websites, depending on where yours is being processed. Mine is being processed in South Africa, so i got contacts from the Australian High Commission in Pretoria."

Please did you get any feedback from the message you sent to DIBP Pretoria?

Was it helpful? I think mine to is being processed there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

What about you ?
Any updates r_5151?? Nothing in my case!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think it would be a good idea to call rather than sending them emails. They hardly reply to the emails and when they do, I think that is similar email they send to everyone

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.