Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

following situation: lodged EOI for 189/190 with 70/75 points for ANZSCO 2613. So it might take a while to receive the invitation.

Thus, making best possible use of the waiting time by studying in Australia (G of 8 university) for another master by coursework, 2 years, (I already have a master in the same field from outside Australia).

Of course the ultimate purpose is to boost my points for PR and I guess every DoHA case officer will realise this.

However, I need to prove GTE in order to get my student visa approved. How can I prove the GTE if I actually have an EOI sitting in the system?

Of course I know the student visa is temporary and I have no intention of abusing or not abiding by the student visa, but the process of obtaining a visa through GSM might take up to two years, if I am ever invited that is. That is why I do not want to wait for the PR outcome before I study in Australia. So can I argue that these two things are totally separate?

Thanks for your advice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With considerable difficulty!
thank you for your comment. I do understand this.

My questions are more detailed though:
1. Is it possible to deactivate the EOI in the system for the time that the Student Visa application is processed? Then reactivate it later on? Or might this negatively affect my character requirement?

2. Is it advisable to tell them about the plans in the GTE letter? I mean: The chain of reasoning is pretty simple here. In order to get more points for PR pathway, I would like to study in Australia. That does not mean that I am NOT going to abide by the student visa rules, does it? If after my graduation there is no chance to get a graduate visa or a PR through 189/190 pathways, I will return home with a degree from a good university (Group of 8) in my pocket that I can use in my future career anywhere in the world as well. After all, it is a masters degree that costs in excess of AUD 80,000 in tuition fees. The decision is well thought-through, it is not done by someone who is desperate to stay in Australia on fruit-picking jobs until he finds someone to marry.

I still do not understand the difference between coming to Australia to work for a year to get 5 points for skilled migration purposes and coming to Australia to study to get 5 or 10 points for skilled migration purposes. The first one is allowed, the second one means that I am looked at like a visa fraudster by DoHA?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Jan

·
Registered
40 Posts
"The chain of reasoning is pretty simple here. In order to get more points for PR pathway, I would like to study in Australia. That does not mean that I am NOT going to abide by the student visa rules, does it?"

The chain of reasoning is simple in terms of thought, but you are dealing with black and white regulations: either you want to be a student and agree to the new GTE rules and you agree to a genuine path taken with that or...

"[G]et...a PR through 189/190 pathways." The two don't mix at the moment in Australian immigration. You've already alerted them that your primary interest is in PR via EOI, now you're saying 'but wait I want to switch course temporarily as a student until you make a decision on my permanent status, even it that takes me going to university there to gain more meaningful points for PR as a temporary entrant'…see the problem in black and white, not via your logic. The above actually looks very desperate on your part to enter Australia rather than wait out the EOI.

"After all, it is a masters degree that costs in excess of AUD 80,000 in tuition fees. The decision is well thought-through, it is not done by someone who is desperate to stay in Australia on fruit-picking jobs until he finds someone to marry." It really doesn't matter if you have 10 masters at a cost of $80,000 per degree, there are no exceptions just because you believe your education entitles you to jump some kind of queue. Even the most educated holding masters in Australia sometimes find themselves humbled enough to pick fruit for others while waiting their time out during their job search, it's actually good for the soul. (Some even find themselves doing it for free even after landing that hard earned job because it helps out family members of their partner during vintage and fruit waits for no one, not even the most highly educated!) Most everyone there picking fruit are not there for faux reasons and your implying such is most insulting and sounds very arrogant on your behalf.

"I still do not understand the difference between coming to Australia to work for a year to get 5 points for skilled migration purposes and coming to Australia to study to get 5 or 10 points for skilled migration purposes. The first one is allowed, the second one means that I am looked at like a visa fraudster by DoHA?" Not at all so long as you are genuine on which path you're willing to take and gamble on. Just because one path does not fit your timeline does not mean that you get to tailor immigration for your wants.

…just a few of my thoughts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.