Australia Forum banner
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I am an Australian citizen and my girlfriend is currently in Australia on a student visa. She's been here for about 1.5 years and still has 1.5 years until her visa expires.

We've been dating for 6 months now and was told by her education agent to be together for at least 12months, and gather as many evidence we can as proof of being together before applying for any other visa such as marriage or PR.

Can someone please tell me what is the best pathway option she should take in order to get a PR visa?

We're planning to either get married during her bridging visa or after she gets her PR.

I am not familiar with how the bridging visa work and when to apply it for her.

Is it best for her to apply for a PR bridging visa now while she's still on a student visa? or wait until we've been together for at least 12 months then consider applying for it?

1 - 1 of 4 Posts
Not open for further replies.